• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Windshield Hazing/Streaking

Started by geswek, June 30, 2013, 05:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJE624

I was wondering how you got those "dish pan hands". ;D

EcoPowerParts

Just curious, have you tried the good old reliable razor blade on your window? :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

mjhpadi

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on July 01, 2013, 03:07:42 PM
Just curious, have you tried the good old reliable razor blade on your window? :)
Not a bad idea...it might remove whatever is on the window.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

geswek

If steel wool, cleaner, dawn, alcohol, and copious amounts of scrubbing done--I doubt a razor is going to work.

mjhpadi

I've seen a razor blade remove stuff that no other chemical would get close to cutting. 
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)

geswek

Eh; it's with Ford now -- so not much I can do at moment.

BTW; did I mention the Fusion SUCKS!

OMG; what a crap car.

I want my SHO back.

boostedbull

I have been doing auto detailing for years now.  One thing that is common to causing a haze on windows is if you use a dryer sheet when drying your automotive towels.  It leaves a nasty residue that is very difficult to remove.

Another fyi... dish soap will remove wax from paint.  if any got on the paint you will want to reapply the wax.
2012 SHO PP - Tuned by Torrie
12.8 @ 106  tune only

geswek

I picked the car up.

They cleaned window; changed blades--even pour water on windshield and had me use blades; no streaking/hazing.

Let's see when the temps drop and it's pouring outside.

DJE624

Quote from: 12sho on July 01, 2013, 04:08:29 PM
I have been doing auto detailing for years now.  One thing that is common to causing a haze on windows is if you use a dryer sheet when drying your automotive towels.  It leaves a nasty residue that is very difficult to remove.

My dad and I used to yell at my mom for using softner. LOL

DJE624

Quote from: geswek on July 01, 2013, 05:23:43 PM
I picked the car up.

They cleaned window; changed blades--even pour water on windshield and had me use blades; no streaking/hazing.

Let's see when the temps drop and it's pouring outside.

What did they do?

geswek

Quote from: DJE624 on July 01, 2013, 05:34:40 PMWhat did they do?

Hell if I know -- cleaned it; probably claybar; didn't really ask.

I just wanted my car back LMAO. I'll find out if it starts hazing/streaking; rain is coming in--should be here in an hour or two.

At this point, doesn't matter what they did until I can actually test it. Throwing water on windshield doesn't really do much--I need an actual rain storm.

mjhpadi

Good luck, hope whatever they did it works.

DJE624

geswek

I finally got this sob on camera!

This is annoying me, very much. I am on my 3rd set of Ford blades and the dealership claybar the window.

Am I losing my mind? Is this normal? The hazing they say could be because it's humid out when it starts raining and my interior temp is very cold. I normally keep my AC on temperature setting LOW at either 1-2 on fan speed. I'm a fat guy, I don't like sweating.

http://www.stormwalker.me/trash/windowissue.mp4

DJE624

It's kinda hard to tell.  Except I can see it where they turn.  I think they all do that. (Where they turn.)