• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2010 moonroof problem

Started by whiteygabe, June 21, 2015, 09:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whiteygabe

It's been a week from hell here lately.  Fork seals out on my sport bike so I currently am in the process of fixing that.  Found out my toe link is going bad on my 10 sho.  And tonight I get home from the gym go to close the moon roof and it clicks right before it shuts all the way.  I open it and it has a broken plastic piece in the way.  Can't find where it goes.  So I take it out and go to close it and same result.  It a pears the wind screen thing that pops up is not allowing it to close all the way.  I manually held it down while the moon roof was closing so it would shut.  Anybody got any advice to what's wrong?  Thanks Gabriel

jtoddk98

I think there is a little strap that holds the wind deflector from going too far up. That may have broken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

whiteygabe

There's like three saps or so that keep it from going up more than an inch. I have those.  It seems as tho the air deflecter doesn't come back down and the roof hits it

nickstewartroc

I had the same issue with my 2010 Fusion Sport. Part of the track had broken where the sliding glass would normally run over and pull down the air deflector, but since it was broken you couldn't close the sun roof short of holding down the deflector. I ended up just removing the deflector and it has been fine for 2 years
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

whiteygabe

The track is btoken on one side. There is a piece that rides ahead of the rest that pushes the air deflector down and it broke off.  Any chance anybody knows if that part comes separate because I was quoted 800 for the whole track and 800 for labor.... kinda sucks warrenty dose not cover this and it's so ridiculously expensive.  When you buy an expensive car you think things like this wouldn't happen

nickstewartroc

I know I'm not comparing to a Taurus, but again with my Fusion, it was the whole assembly :/ I did at least have a dealer that would have fixed it since it was CPO, but with them being a 2 hour drive away and needing to have it for at least 2 weeks I just couldn't do it
Current:

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

jtoddk98

Quote from: whiteygabe on June 23, 2015, 05:27:05 PM
The track is btoken on one side. There is a piece that rides ahead of the rest that pushes the air deflector down and it broke off.  Any chance anybody knows if that part comes separate because I was quoted 800 for the whole track and 800 for labor.... kinda sucks warrenty dose not cover this and it's so ridiculously expensive.  When you buy an expensive car you think things like this wouldn't happen
I'd find your local LKQ dismantler and ask for the part, that's where the new 2015 seats came from. Heck of a lot cheaper then ford list prices.

2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

ZSHO

If you can possibly post a pic of the exact part that is broken so we can assist you better,BTW take a look at this diagram for reference.  Z      http://www.tascaparts.com/auto-parts/2010/ford/taurus/sho-trim/3-5l-v6-gas-engine/body-cat/sunroof-scat

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

nickstewartroc

Sorry to go off topic, but how much did you pay if you don't mind?

Quote from: jtoddk98 on June 23, 2015, 07:28:24 PM

Quote from: whiteygabe on June 23, 2015, 05:27:05 PM
I'd find your local LKQ dismantler and ask for the part, that's where the new 2015 seats came from. Heck of a lot cheaper then ford list prices.

Current:

jtoddk98

I traded my original seats back and added $220 cash

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk