• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Theory - Smoking Exhaust

Started by 14SHOCAR, June 19, 2015, 03:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

14SHOCAR

I have a new theory I want to vet with this crowd. I've been noticing a bit of oil smoke coming out of the car exhaust after putting on the Corsa Exhaust + down pipes. Even after taking off the down pipes, I have the same problem, just less pronounced. Perhaps the factory CAT is catching it?

The smoke comes out only occurs after I lay into it and come to a stop, at idle for a few minutes, with no air flow under the car. Its a plume of smoke that comes out of the exhaust. It's not so much that is looks like a sea foamed the car... its just enough to be noticeable to me who is hyper critical of my car at this point.

My theory is that when you are laying into the engine, you are getting a small amount of blow-by on the turbo seals. When you stop the car with no airflow, the oil heats up, and smokes. I'm note entirely sure how much oil is blowing by, but it only smokes lightly for a minute and then its fine.

Thoughts?
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

ZSHO

I dont honestly want to scare you but hopefully its not the seal to the rear turbo,does it smell like oil? and does it occur mostly when flooring it? before any conclusions would check for any visible oil around the rear vallve cover and pcv oil seperator,and any oil buildup inside the CAC and intake.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Airbornemaikai

Other than in the winter time, I never see smoke out my exhaust
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160ยบ Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

91hybrid

I 2nd looking for oil in the intake track /cac.
2014 SHO -PP, Unleashed Tuned, 3bar, Devils Own 100% meth, PPE catted down pipes, 3rd cat delete, Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, 170 deg, NGK 7's plugs, hot pipes - White Platinum 401a
418 whp - 513 wlb/ft
non meth 13.11@103.6 (knock limited)
Meth pass 11.991@114.28