• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2015 Seat compatibility

Started by jtoddk98, June 18, 2015, 11:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtoddk98

Worst case, they guy is willing to just swap the covers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

jtoddk98

Well, I'm putting them in now. Plugged them in, work like a charm!

2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

SHOdded

Nothing like a field experiment :)  Be sure to check for DTCs, esp those related to air bag/safety measures.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jtoddk98

I'll get some pix up when the job is complete. Hopefully I'm the first one to put a 2015 interior in a 2011

glock-coma

Thx for testing this out jt. I'm sure it will help someone out in the future.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

FoMoCoSHO

Glad it all worked out.

Nice to have a known option as Gen 4.1 seats wear out.

jtoddk98

So long suede! Only modification I had to make was the seat belt mount point, I guess on 2013 and up, the seatbelt is mounted to the floor, on my 2011 it is mounted to the seat frame, just had to transfer the bracket.

SHOdded

Matches the interior quite well!  Do the seats feel just as supportive as the native SHO seats?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jtoddk98

Quote from: SHOdded on June 21, 2015, 03:34:32 PM
Matches the interior quite well!  Do the seats feel just as supportive as the native SHO seats?
they feel better actually. Much more solid feeling. I also cut some bigger holes in the foam for the A/C seat feature. Now they get realllyyy cold.

65fastback2+2

Quote from: jtoddk98 on June 21, 2015, 03:53:21 PM

Quote from: SHOdded on June 21, 2015, 03:34:32 PM
they feel better actually. Much more solid feeling. I also cut some bigger holes in the foam for the A/C seat feature. Now they get realllyyy cold.

pics by chance? i want this mod lol

jtoddk98

Pix are posted a few post up.

65fastback2+2

Quote from: jtoddk98 on July 03, 2015, 01:02:26 AM
Pix are posted a few post up.

meant of where and what you cut and how much for colder seats

jtoddk98

There are little holes in the foam, I just made them rectangles 1in by .5in

SHOdded

Was the foam easy to cut up?  It's not the kind that poops all over you the moment yiu try to cut it, right?

jtoddk98

Nope. There is this thin foam stuff covering the air channels. I cut holes in that, not the actual seat foam. The seat foam was in excellent condition, like new fyi