• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ecoboost Boost Leak/Overboost / DTC P0234 - Troubleshooting + Video

Started by 14SHOCAR, June 10, 2015, 06:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

14SHOCAR

I decided to create a detailed video of the boost leak issue I was having with my car. Its pretty incredible that Ford hasn't recalled this part. Its worth a watch if you own a ecoboost engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrhBu5XtafU
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

glock-coma

Great video as usual. Glad it was a simple fix.

2010 RCM non PP
K&N panel filter with aux hose
RX OCC with CSS
sp534 @ 30
unleashed tune 12.90@106

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

ZSHO

Thats really a very good informative video,and glad you were able to pinpoint the root cause of the issue you were having. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FoMoCoSHO

SHOnUup

Great job on the video!

Glad to see its running like it should now also.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOw-Me State

2011 SHO non-PP, Ingot Silver, 2013 fender vents, all stock (for now).
Future: Tune, 3-bar, new plugs.  Catted DP and exhaust someday.

staged_sho

Current:  2016 Charger RT Scat Pack

Previous:  2011 SHO, LME 4+X, 3 bar, 170° TStat, Intake, Corsa

14SHOCAR

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback on the videos! I have a few other videos that will be making the list in the next few days -- I do want to do part of of Rasp from Hell...

15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

14SHOCAR

14 Taurus SHO (Sold)

ZSHO

I just wanted to point out that here at E.B.P.F we have a very well oriented and proficiency group here,the erudition is by far second to none here,compared to other forums which try to replicate but could never duplicate the learning experience twards our cars,and applaud your creativity in producing these videos so it makes it alot simpler for members to comprehend.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ShoBoat

^^ what Z said! Great work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

PokerMunkee

Awesome video... going to check mine tomorrow. 

Going to put on down pipes again?
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

BiGMaC

Well done vid, and also troubleshooting and repair.  This is exactly why I put hotpipes on my SHO.... If it acts up I only have to check the connecting tubes.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Larrylu

I had the exact same issue.  The car ran very poorly under load and made exaggerated blow off noise. I took the car to the dealer they read an overboost dtc and found the very same hose off.  They told me that Ford did not put a clamp on originally so they shortened the hose a little and slid it back on and added a clamp. It's been fine ever since.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

14SHOCAR

Quote from: PokerMunkee on June 12, 2015, 12:28:45 AM
Awesome video... going to check mine tomorrow. 

Going to put on down pipes again?

Not sure yet. I would like to see if I can get catted high flow down pipes. The factory down pipes are treating me well at the moment and my car doesn't smell like crap. I think my next fix for the car is to install new plugs again. I still have a sputter at idle when cold, which I am assuming there is something not happy with the gapped plugs.
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)