• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Took a look at doing a front mount...

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 29, 2013, 11:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

I pulled off all of my hot side piping today between turbos and IC and IC to TB to get them redone in silicone and thought while I was crawling around if there would be a way to replace the existing IC with a new front mount.
Well short answer is NO.
That being said I'm going to start looking at putting a water to air intercooler under the hood.
In order to do that it will require doing a new air intake to the turbos and then replace the piping to the intercooler and then over to the throttle body.
Probably going to take some time though as I'll have to remove my 1 gallon fuel cell under the hood which means that I'm waiting on parts from Squash Performance for the dual in tank fuel pumps.

I'm going to try and get the hot side stuff replaced and then get the turbos dyno'd before I tear it down and take it off the road for awhile.
YAY more parts to develop! :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

DJE624

bpd1151

Not only pictures, but any particular sizes as well.

Maybe if we both badger Samco Staff enough, they'd be inclined to produce some type of kit for our applications?

**still waiting on Kirk's return call btw (since you mentioned new intake).

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

EcoPowerParts

Just picked up all the silicone tubing, aluminum u bends and now at home depot picking up a band saw. :D
Sent from my phone with lots of misspelled words...
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

bpd1151

You're cheating using a band saw Michael.....

Challenge yourself & do it manually with a coping saw.

Boggus

Interested as well, would love to upgrade my lines on the hot side.
2013 unleashed SHO PP

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: bpd1151 on June 29, 2013, 04:17:23 PM
You're cheating using a band saw Michael.....

Challenge yourself & do it manually with a coping saw.

Nope, I want to do it right :)
Instead of paying labor I'm starting to just buy more tools. :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -

bpd1151

You can do it right with a coping saw. Which is cheaper to purchase than a band saw, and then in turn double your savings in both labor & tool purchases! :ok:

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: bpd1151 on June 29, 2013, 05:06:50 PM
You can do it right with a coping saw. Which is cheaper to purchase than a band saw, and then in turn double your savings in both labor & tool purchases! :ok:

I can't cut aluminum pipe with a coping saw. I could use a hack saw but this will be much cleaner and be needed when I build my intercooler setup

Sent from my phone with lots of misspelled words...
www.ecopowerparts.com -

Boggus

So since you are creating new piping, can you install an aftermarket BOV instead of using the oem units?
2013 unleashed SHO PP

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: Boggus on June 29, 2013, 10:02:07 PM
So since you are creating new piping, can you install an aftermarket BOV instead of using the oem units?
That's the plan eventually but I don't have enough straight pipe or a welder to do that.
I finished everything except for the bottom pipe from the front turbo to the IC, too many compound bends and size change in a short tube. I'll have to get that done later.

I'll take some pictures in the morning. It hit 119+ today so it was a bit HOT in the garage.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

bpd1151

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on June 30, 2013, 02:46:55 AMI'll take some pictures in the morning.

It hit 119+ today so it was a bit HOT in the garage.

Holy high hell! I was just watching the weather / news last night, & they were reporting how blistering hot it was / has been, out by you 4DR.

Jeezuz bro..... mid 115's to low 120's during the day.... with some areas having overnight lows still in the mid/upper 90's!

'Tis no wonder your stock plumbing/hose work is splitting all over the place.

My goodness!

SHOdded

Have to learn NOT to use your A/C in those temps when driving for extended periods!  Now that's fun :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bnoon

Yeah air to water is pretty much the only way. I want tiny filters om the turbos, then BIG air to water core. Should be good time.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: SHOdded on June 30, 2013, 02:47:16 PM
Have to learn NOT to use your A/C in those temps when driving for extended periods!  Now that's fun :D
I just let my AC turn off all by itself when I got WOT, no way to drive around with no A/C and windows up here you'll die pretty quickly from heat exposure.
www.ecopowerparts.com -