• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

How to fix weird Knock Retard

Started by ShoBoat, May 28, 2015, 04:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncole

Maybe that is the problem.  I just assumed I would install the plugin and get a simple readout of the KR.  Is that not the case?  I remember it had a display that showed throttle percentage, and coolant I think.  Weird thing is I never saw a value higher than 75% throttle position.  I don't know anything about formulas or data logging if that is where this is going, I just want a live readout of KR. The displays fixed themselves once I uninstalled the plugin and restarted Torque.
2011 black on black SHO.  MDesign CAI, Livernois 93 Stage 4 Plus X RACE 3BAR (running some E85 in to boost octane), 160° Thermostat, Livernois gapped plugs, 3 bar MAP

SHOdded

By plugin do you mean custom formula?  Because we have custom forumlae over in this thread.  Perhaps you could ask further questions there, enough folks experienced with this now to be able to assist.  It is pretty easy to add the custom PID to Torque Pro, tho, so don't give up :)
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,3141.0.html

And you might want to post some screenshots as well to help eliminate any misunderstanding.

As far as throttle response, typically it levels out around 81-82%, so I'd say you are doing OK.  That % is how drive by wire throttle is set up nowadays.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ncole

Thanks, I will dissect that thread.  I can't add screenshots atm. So I went into Torque on the main menu and hit the "get plugins" button. Then the "get more" at the bottom brings up a web page and there is a knock detector one available to d/l.  I was under the impression this would show KR values.  Guess not. I haven't done any custom PID's yet.  Hell, I haven't found what the acronym stands for!
2011 black on black SHO.  MDesign CAI, Livernois 93 Stage 4 Plus X RACE 3BAR (running some E85 in to boost octane), 160° Thermostat, Livernois gapped plugs, 3 bar MAP