• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New recall - Power steering

Started by slurppie, May 27, 2015, 01:35:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slurppie

Hopefully not a repost

Affecting a total of nearly 423,000 vehicles, the power-steering recall includes the 2011-2013 Ford Taurus and Flex, Lincoln MKS and MKT; the 2011-2012 Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKZ; and the 2011 Mercury Milan.

Read more: http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-recalls-452k-vehicles-to-fix-power-steering-overheating-88604.html#ixzz3bMTJnCKT

2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

SHOdded

Has Ford given up flowtesting their vehicles?  Surely the EB Mustang "flaw" would have been identified easily?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

wasinger3000

Would be nice to know if mine will have an issue. Rather not find out 4k miles from home.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

14SHOCAR

This is a "known" issue. My next door neighbor had a 2013 F150 ecoboost and his steering cut out multiple times. He said they failed to fix it three times before he ditched it for the 5.7L Tundra TRD...
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

IHeartGroceries

High underbody Temps? Very unusual...

I seem to recall  seeing a few members here complain about EPAS issues I n their SHO.

Ford doesn't seem to pour enough resources into R&D or QA.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

vernonator

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on May 27, 2015, 04:00:48 PM

I seem to recall  seeing a few members here complain about EPAS issues I n their SHO.

I don't think its just Ford - look at the huge number of recalls in the news lately. These vehicles have become VERY complicated and I don't think the manufacturers have updated their Q/A and testing to match it.
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

J-Will

Quote from: vernonator on May 28, 2015, 08:40:15 AM

I don't think its just Ford - look at the huge number of recalls in the news lately. These vehicles have become VERY complicated and I don't think the manufacturers have updated their Q/A and testing to match it.

I agree.  I hate buying an untested product.  Its like paying full price for video game still in alpha.... I hate this new concept of funding development. 

Without going into politics and business, its important to remember that recalls usually come after NHTSB gets involved, where TSBs are more fixes issues from the manufacturer.  Its annoying, but we all want the latest and greatest engine and gadgets. 
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

ShoBoat

Interesting I have had a few dtc's related to steering. I always assumed it was related to lowering the car. Steering angle and communication lost are the 2 that come to mind. I guess it's another trip to the dealer lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

ecoboostsho

If only flaking chrome taillights was somehow a safety issue....
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

ZSHO

Quote from: ShoBoat on May 28, 2015, 12:21:11 PM
Interesting I have had a few dtc's related to steering. I always assumed it was related to lowering the car. Steering angle and communication lost are the 2 that come to mind. I guess it's another trip to the dealer lol.

I also had on a few occassions codes set for the steering angle sensor and later rectified by replacing both the wheel hubs. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ShoBoat

Quote from: ZSHO on May 28, 2015, 03:22:45 PM
Quote from: ShoBoat on May 28, 2015, 12:21:11 PM

I also had on a few occassions codes set for the steering angle sensor and later rectified by replacing both the wheel hubs. Z

Thanks Z, however I have had the front hubs replaced on mine a total of 3 times so far. I have seen the code since my last hub swap.

2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

IHeartGroceries

Quote from: vernonator on May 28, 2015, 08:40:15 AM

True enough. Automakers are at the mercy of their parts manufacturers/suppliers. Or any of that stuff they contract out. So, several of them seem to be dropping the ball in that sense. But, they should still be held accountable for what they're putting into their autos. My SHO was recalled more than any other auto I've ever owned.
2013 SHO PP

SHOdded

For anyone interested here is a HOW TO on the Ford Edge forum for steering angle sensor replacement:
http://www.fordedgeforum.com/topic/11434-steering-angle-position-sensor-replacement-instructions/
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

markssho

Interesting that the 2010 model has been left out of many of these recalls, including this one. Surprised there are so many differences after that model year.
2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC

donky4444

So leaving work today I start the car put it in gear and right away have no power steering and the car says steering system failure. I restarted and all was good. I'm sure that tripped a code for the dealer to see. Funny to have this happen right after the recall is announced.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights