• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New guy here

Started by dziuraj16, June 27, 2013, 12:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dziuraj16

Question (s) to everyone out there.  I just sold my 98 cobra.  Kind of sad to see it it go.  But I think want something different, so I  think I want the SHO. But, want can the SHO handle?  What is the engine and trans rated for?  Is it forged?  Will it stand up to new turbo's, full exhaust and a tune? If so, what kind of numbers will it put down?  Also, from what I have been reading the traction control cannot be shut off fully.  Can that be tuned out?  Big question, how does the SHO stack up to cobras, WRX/STI, and other fast cars? Thanks for looking!

EcoPowerParts

Well there's 3 of us with upgraded turbos, 2 from Livernois using meth as additional fuel and myself using E85 along with aux injectors welded into the intake manifold. Right now 400 to 450HP can be achieved without too much work and the car lives on the street and track. I can't talk to SHO handling because I have a Flex but it's a heavy car, 4500lbs approx. It won't out handle a WRX/STI and we can't make that kind of power YET. The AWD system needs to be overcome by us long term but we're still working on that part.

If you were going to look for a BIG HP car you can track I would choose the WRX/STI or even a Mazdaspeed6 over the SHO currently. We just can't get the parts to you RIGHT NOW. In 2 years, who knows...

This is my humble opion, other may say differently.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

dziuraj16

Thanks for the reply!  I would like to stay ford!  But I did have an wrx, they are cool cars but to many problems engine/trans depending if you have the wrx or sti.  Do you think a SHO pushing 450HP could keep up with sti/wrx, mustang, ect...???  I'm surprised their are not alot of parts on the market for these cars.

mjhpadi

I agree, but the SHO and the WRX/STI are two entirely different cars.  The Mazdaspeed 6 is a pretty sweet car, and I do have soft spot for Mazda, I've had several in the past and they were always great cars.  I also believe that we should be pretty darn pleased that there is as much available as far as performance for the Ecoboost in the few years it has been available, and as you stated, it's going to get even better in the next few years.  But I think the SHO/Flex/F-150 have proven themselves as winners, and it's hard to find fault with these vehicles on a whole, but if you are expecting the handling of a sports car, you may be disappointed.  but overall the SHO is a great platform, handling isn't bad for the biggest car in Ford's stable, and over and over, I have heard/read that people are enjoying the comfort and room in the SHO over the Mustangs and the smaller cars.  It really depends on what you want out of a vehicle...if you want only performance and nothing else, then the SHO isn't the car you want, there is faster, better handling vehicles out there, but I can't say the SHO has not disappointed me and although I still want a GT-500 I wouldn't want to give up my SHO to have one.
Just as a point of reference, I am able to keep up with BMW 7series and Saleen Mustangs without much problem in my tune only car.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

DJE624

Welcome!  I think Mike and Mark summed it up nicely.  All I could add to that is My SHO is a daily driver.  I can't think of another car I would prefer........except that GT 500! 

dziuraj16

I think I've had 8 mustangs to date.  It would be cool to have something "different" like the SHO that could be a sleeper and surprise alot of the muscle cars.  But I would also love to have a GT500!  I'm in no hurry this time, and I'm not ruling out the SHO.  If aftermarket parts start to roll out for it, I may go with one.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: dziuraj16 on June 27, 2013, 01:10:12 PM
Thanks for the reply!  I would like to stay ford!  But I did have an wrx, they are cool cars but to many problems engine/trans depending if you have the wrx or sti.  Do you think a SHO pushing 450HP could keep up with sti/wrx, mustang, ect...???  I'm surprised their are not alot of parts on the market for these cars.
Straight line or curvy roads? I can already beat most modded WRX/STI in my Flex, the SHO is even faster. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

bpd1151

Apparently he hasn't seen some of my video's spanking 'Stangs, SRT's, CTS-V's, etc.

Oh yea, and a couple of G8's. Hahaha.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

DJE624

Quote from: bpd1151 on June 27, 2013, 02:50:39 PM
Apparently he hasn't seen some of my video's spanking 'Stangs, SRT's, CTS-V's, etc.

Oh yea, and a couple of G8's. Hahaha.

With Mike's SHO it's a regular Spank-o-rama! 

EcoBrick Bob

My Flex eats Corvette Gran Sports for lunch!!! LOL
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.