• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

throttle body spacer

Started by gladams, May 08, 2015, 12:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gladams

Does anybody know if the throttle body on a 2014 focus ecoboost is the same as the 2014 fusion ecoboost? I would like to install a spacer but steeda only has the one for the focus (555-3185) and not the fusion. They are not sure if it will fit both cars. I have the fusion.
2013 SHO mineral gray,  airaid CAI, Corsa exhaust
Traded the 2014 Fusion Titanium for........
2012 Mustang GT sterling gray 5.0 6sp manual. Roush CAI, Noise delete kit, lower control arm brace.

SHOdded

If the OEM part numbers match (http://www.fordparts.com), there's a good possibility.  Though I'd think Steeda would gladly advertise it if so?  You can also contact cd3performance.com, they can usually help out on Fusion related questions.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

Waste of time and money if u ask me...albeit small, u are increasing manifold volume which makes it take longer to pressurize with air increasing turbo lag....may be negligible but you are going that direction....want more power?...dial in a bit more boost
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Wilson

Not that it would mean anything on a Fusion,  but I'm running the LET spacer which was designed for F150s on my SHO with no issues. Both 3.5L engines. So chances are probably high that the Steeda one will fit your application.

Worst case, can you return it if it doesn't fit?

Wilson

2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

gladams

Thanks that helps out for my SHO. Don't know if I want to mess with the returning if it doesn't work. But I could always sell it to someone. May just go for it.
2012 Mustang GT sterling gray 5.0 6sp manual. Roush CAI, Noise delete kit, lower control arm brace.

gladams

Ordered the steeda throttle body spacer for my Fusion last night. Was on another site and was advised (hopefully correctly) that the ST TBS will fit. My fingers are crossed.

SHOdded

Good luck, looking forward to a happy ending and a photo album :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

gladams

TBS came in on Thursday and my 25yo daughter and I installed it same day. Car runs gOOOOd. Throttle feels better and once I get finished listing to the whistle, I will check on fuel mileage.So far so good and no reprograming or check engine lights. So yes the ST TBS fits the Fusion Titanium 2.0 eco.

glock-coma

Good info here. Thx for being the guinea pig.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

Cole.C

Quote from: Wilson on May 08, 2015, 04:26:51 PM
Not that it would mean anything on a Fusion,  but I'm running the LET spacer which was designed for F150s on my SHO with no issues. Both 3.5L engines. So chances are probably high that the Steeda one will fit your application.

Worst case, can you return it if it doesn't fit?

Wilson
I know this is ages old and this poster may not be active. Either way I've been trying to find out if the 3.5l f150 Throttle body spacers would work on a 3.5l transverse Ecoboost from the cars and had gotten a few unsure answers and a couple of no's..   
If Wilson is still active did you have to modify f150 TBS at all to get it to work?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Wilson

I'm back from the dead! :D

I'd moved on from the SHO to a 5.0, then from the 5.0 to a GT350. Looking at my old signature brings back memories, man I loved that SHO. Anyways...to answer your question, I don't recall having to modify the F-150 throttle body spacer at all. I'll have to check to see if I can find a pic somewhere to confirm.
2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

AJP turbo

Not sure why you would want a throttle body spacer....id steer very clear of that mod...it can change transient fueling and intake manifold volume which is critical for ford speed density tuning...you still have little charge pipes and little turbos no matter what
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Cole.C

Quote from: AJP turbo on July 03, 2018, 05:42:56 PM
Not sure why you would want a throttle body spacer....id steer very clear of that mod...it can change transient fueling and intake manifold volume which is critical for ford speed density tuning...you still have little charge pipes and little turbos no matter what
I read meth ports pre TB causing issues for the TB eventually a lot of people have used throttle body spacers for meth injection for quite awhile.. ordered the one for the 3.5l f150 from torque solutions. I could of just ordered it with my hot pipes which I ordered from Mike which he should get started on when he gets back to work on 9th!! Quite excited. Still looking for a good pair of cores from a local junk yard to send in possibly to atp if I can't get turbo lab to look at it wanted to see if they could possibly replace the chra same as atp whilst trying to machine it out as large as they feel possible to accommodate the largest wheels they feel would be safe, although I've emailed them twice with no response. After I find my cores I'll probably just have to call them and see how busy they are.

How much of a difference could it make on the transverse 3.5 to have the meth Port pre TB?  Appreciate any input! Either way I already ordered it through autoplicity fairly cheap might as well see how it goes!

Cole.C

Quote from: Wilson on July 03, 2018, 03:28:31 PM
I'm back from the dead! :D

I'd moved on from the SHO to a 5.0, then from the 5.0 to a GT350. Looking at my old signature brings back memories, man I loved that SHO. Anyways...to answer your question, I don't recall having to modify the F-150 throttle body spacer at all. I'll have to check to see if I can find a pic somewhere to confirm.
Lol welcome back! Thanks, decided to order it after reading these old posts! Hope the one I ordered works fine

Could always get another sho! Never to late to realize you made a mistake ;P