• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Banned?

Started by 3kgtSL91, May 07, 2015, 06:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3kgtSL91

So I am in Turkey right now and I tried to login and as soon as I did it says I am banned for life? I am like freaking out. Now I am trying to do remotely though my work PC that is in the USA and it works just fine. Is this some kind of security measure?
2015 Ford Taurus SHO

wasinger3000

Have you tried using a VPN? It is most likely a security measure. I use a vpn everyday for stuff like this.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

ZSHO

It was probably a glitch of some sort just like our cars have once in a while,great to see you got through. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FoMoCoSHO

Yeah, it must be a glitch or maybe the IP you happened upon in Turkey is banned.

J-Will

Quote from: wasinger3000 on May 07, 2015, 07:05:50 PM
Have you tried using a VPN? It is most likely a security measure. I use a vpn everyday for stuff like this.

Thats hardcore!  I'm a security advocate (its my line of work), but this forum is public!!!

Unless, you are working at a location that blocks this site and you are using a VPN to circumvent censorship! DoD does this crap! 
[rant]
no, I dont have a Gambling problem.  but if I want to check the lines for a game, out of pure curiosity, I cannot because "Site Blocked Reason: Gambling".  And then there's the video game websites...
[/rant]
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

14SHOCAR

Quote from: J-Will on May 08, 2015, 10:50:19 AM

Thats hardcore!  I'm a security advocate (its my line of work), but this forum is public!!!

Unless, you are working at a location that blocks this site and you are using a VPN to circumvent censorship! DoD does this crap! 
[rant]
no, I dont have a Gambling problem.  but if I want to check the lines for a game, out of pure curiosity, I cannot because "Site Blocked Reason: Gambling".  And then there's the video game websites...
[/rant]

If you block UDP 500, you shut down any sort of ESP... which means VPN no worky. So VPN is the plausible way to get through most censorships.
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

pjw315

Quote from: 14SHOCAR on May 08, 2015, 12:50:32 PM
Quote from: J-Will on May 08, 2015, 10:50:19 AM

[rant]
[/rant]

If you block UDP 500, you shut down any sort of ESP... which means VPN no worky. So VPN is the plausible way to get through most censorships.

Depends on what kind of VPN you are using not all VPN's need port 500.