• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What glass cleaner do you use?

Started by sunwolf, April 28, 2015, 06:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunwolf

For the exterior I use RainX 2 in 1 and it does a good job. For the interior I can't find anything worth crap. I tried 70% rubbing alcohol (I have heard 99% works great but cant find it) and windex. Both Windex and 70% leave streaks and the windex makes it look worse than when I started. Any suggestions?
2014 Taurus SHO Black Performance Pack LMS tune 3bar tstat downpipes
2008 BMW M6 Convertible SMG
2008 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.4L
2011 F-150 Ecoboost Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Lincoln Navigator L 4x4

SHOdded

Stoner's Invisible Glass works pretty well for me for inside window cleaning.  It took off a mess of offgassed stuff from the windshield too!  Didn't use their specialized tool, but hear it's handy to have.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

panther427

Can't remember the concentration and exact type but vinegar and water and black and white newspaper page :-)      invisible glass is decent except I think its not tint safe
2013 SHO

navbtcret

Quote from: panther427 on April 28, 2015, 08:23:42 PM
Can't remember the concentration and exact type but vinegar and water and black and white newspaper page :-)      invisible glass is decent except I think its not tint safe

It is tint safe, I have been using it for years. Stoner's all the way.
2013 SHO Non PP, LMS 93 Performance v8, 3 Bar MAP, 170 Stat, MDesign CAI, Hot Pipes with TiAL BOV, PPE Catted Downpipes

donky4444

2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

SHO-Time

Stoners as well (the aerosol can, not the windex bottle version)
2015 Chevy SS Perfect Blue / LMT Tuned (390 RWHP / 388 RWTQ)
2013 White Platinum Tri-Coat SHO (Non-PP) *SOLD*

SHO Rod

I've used the Stoner's Invisible Glass as well as some stuff made in Germany that I got on a BOGO from Autogeek.  Both work well.

As for the 99% alcohol, you probably need to look for Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA) to get the 90%+.  Rubbing alcohol will always be right around 70% since it's saturated with water.  That water saturation is probably also why it leaves streaks.

-Rod

BiGMaC

Never use it... Polish with Ceraglass once a year and coat with FlyBy30 every 3 months... Drying the car cleans the glass outside and I just wipe the inside with IPA once a month on an MF towel.  Gonna try FlyBy Forte next time... Lasts 2 years and prevents chips as a semipermanent glass coating.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

BlackJac

I bought 3M 08888 Glass Cleaner which is safe for tinted windows. I only used it on the inside so far, worked good without leaving streaks. I used a waffle weave microfiber towel with it.
2017 Fusion Sport - 401A/ Moonroof/ Magnetic Grey/ Livernois Motorsports 93 Stage 3

2015 Explorer Sport  - SOLD

Modded 1980 Corvette https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SUDndpy8bw

Gjkrisa

Use a wet shammy from drying the car then a microfiber guranteed no streaks on newer vehicles as long as there isn't something else on there for that i use lots of Windex for first wash then the trick

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

mjhpadi

Stoner's Invisible Glass for me. It works better than anything I have found and follow that with Rain X. I apply the Rain X and rub it well onto the windshield/windows until it hazes.  Follow that with clean paper towels and remove most of the haze.  Then another clean paper towel and lightly do a final polish.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

SilvererSHO

0000 steel wool and pretty much any glass cleaner with newspaper.
All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.

Macgyver

Stoners and Micro fibers inside.

Stoners and quad zero wool for prep and wax to finish.

The stuff in a spray can is just something different better than a spray bottle from my experience.

shoNoff

Been using sprayway glass cleaner for years. It's the only thing I've ever used even back to being a kid and handing it to my father.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

StealBlueSho

Quote from: shoNoff on July 24, 2018, 06:27:49 PM
Been using sprayway glass cleaner for years. It's the only thing I've ever used even back to being a kid and handing it to my father.

This is what I have been using as well... absolutely the BEST glass cleaner... and boy was I pissed when I went to go use it and it was empty... my wife apparently thinks this glass cleaner is awesome as well... she used it for the house and then got mad at me for not telling her about how good it is.. I have been using it for 17 years... lol

As a side note... this work really well when cleaning with newspaper as well...