• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Extreme wheel hop or something wrong

Started by Wojomojo, April 27, 2015, 11:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crash712us

I say wheel hop, coil overs solved this issue on mine.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

AJP turbo

I'd get that shift pressure lowered a bit...the transmissions only adapt if they are allowed to...to suggest anything else would be not true
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

Wojomojo

I had the TCS off. It's a non-pp car and turning it off still doesn't completely turn it off. I had the pressure lowered, but I guess I can get it lowered even more. As long as it's really warm outside it doesn't seem to be an issue.
Justin "Wojo"

2010 Tuxedo Black SHO - non-pp, 20's, nav, massage seats - Torrie Tuned, Dynomax Mufflers, Magnaflow x pipe (3rd cat + resonator delete), 3 bar map, airaid CAI, SP534 .030 plugs. Meth injection and 170 degree thermostat soon! Plastidipped rims and other accessories. 344awhp and 375 awtq on a mustang dyno called "The Heart Breaker"

AJP turbo

Ask to have the pressure for the 1-2 wot shift set anywhere between 180-200 and see if it still does it....mine stopped the shuddering with and without traction control on....that's why I don't buy the reason that's it's caused by the traction control or advance trac intervening and reducing torque ....my traction light will flicker but I don't get the shudder or skipping when traction control is left on...I think some tuners are raising the shift pressures to make the shifts nice and quick and firm but don't have the opportunity to test as much as we do since we live with our cars...and for whatever reason 1-2 shift is not as tolerant of high pressures as the other shifts....my 1-2 is 200 psi and my 3-4 is 230psi
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress