• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2016 North American Taurus

Started by SwampRat, April 23, 2015, 01:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Quote from: AndyMan04 on August 18, 2015, 11:03:20 AM
Quote from: Scott13SHO on August 05, 2015, 11:30:57 AM
Well from everything I've been reading, the 2016 Taurus might be last of its kind. There are no indications that the Chinese CD4 based Taurus is coming here and that at the end of next year, the Taurus/MKS/Flex and MKT are no longer for this world.

The Continental will replace the MKS in the Lincoln lineup.

Hopefully we'll see Fusion ST to replace the SHO in the lineup.

after reading this  https://www.yahoo.com/autos/s/ford-unsure-u-launch-taurus-report-113000181.html
I would agree with you.. doesn't seem like Ford is pushing for the new Taurus to come here at all. 2016 Models are already shipping and nothing on a new Taurus.... sad times indeed.
All the more reason to take good care of your SHO.... one of the last full sized Fords... And a limited production performance model at that.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ShoBoat

Looks like we are getting confirmation that there will not be a 2016 Taurus in North America. Maybe just a police version? Makes sense I suppose, what all the development that Ford did on the police package to keep it. Oh well I guess we will have to wait and see for sure. I know that the 2013 was shown in mid 2012. We are long past the mid of 2015.......

http://www.nseavoice.com/cars/2016-ford-taurus-us-will-hate-it-china-will-love-it-1001566.html
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

BiGMaC

Quote from: ShoBoat on September 09, 2015, 10:01:27 AM
Looks like we are getting confirmation that there will not be a 2016 Taurus in North America. Maybe just a police version? Makes sense I suppose, what all the development that Ford did on the police package to keep it. Oh well I guess we will have to wait and see for sure. I know that the 2013 was shown in mid 2012. We are long past the mid of 2015.......

http://www.nseavoice.com/cars/2016-ford-taurus-us-will-hate-it-china-will-love-it-1001566.html
Kind of a sad note, but it will make the SHO even more special. So take really good care of the one you have!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ShoBoat

That's the plan unless something earth shattering comes out (Like a Fusion RS with the 3.5 EB) I plan on keeping mine for the foreseeable future. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

bpd1151

2016's were already being produced & were on display at the Chicago Assembly Plant during the 24th Annual National SHO Convention.

No discernible changes from 2015 models. One of the new colors for 2016 was/is "Blue Jeans".

Although I suppose anything is possible, the last information I was provided from a few of my connects at the CAP, was that the new redesign for the U.S. is already here, but re-tooling of the plant caused it's impending release stateside, to be delayed.

Start thinking along the lines of a 2016.5 model, or a 2017 with the significant redesign planned.

ShoBoat

Interesting Mike, I wonder what Blue Jeans will look like? Thanks for the info. I'll keep my hopes up for a 2017 monster SHO ;)

bamsho

The car in the Blue Jeans color is AWESOME.  When the 2016's are finally released, my '12 might be going down the road.  Wife and I really like that color.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

SHOnUup

Blue Jean color

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

The other color they had out

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

MJESHO

The Blue Jean color F150 is super nice!!!
2013 Ruby Red Metallic PP SHO
New 3.5TT motor thanks to Ford
K&N Short Ram Intake
2-12" HiFonics woofers w/ HiFonics mono amp  Debadged

ShoBoat

I'm liking the Blue Jean colour!

markssho

Ditto on the Blue Jean color. Saw a F150 Limited in this color and it looked awesome.

Sent from my XT1094 using Tapatalk

2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOhobo on November 08, 2015, 08:44:18 PM
Unfortunately I believe the Performance version of the Taurus is going away in favor of a performance version of the Fusion.... comparative sales numbers of the Taurus to the Fusion obviously dictates this and consider what vehicle FOMOCO supports in the NASCAR Spint Cup Series.  I've read about this theory on some automotive websites and....to me it is very unfortunate....but makes business sense....they were talking the 2.7 Ecoboost in the Fusion....personally  IF the SHO version of the Taurus is going away please dump our good friend the 3.5 Ecoboost in the Fusion.....if they must change it up go all the way or forget about it....
The 3.5 isn't going in the Fusion and looking at stock numbers 2.7 vs 3.5 I'd rather have the CGI 2.7 in the Fusion. I suspect it will make close to the same numbers, its a tad lighter and that CGI block is stout. Couple that with the weight difference between the two and I bet the 2.7 Fusion will match and most likely beat the SHO stock vs stock. Every LB/FT would have 1000 less LBS to move. Give us some more forged goodies along with the SHO's level of tech and comfort and the extra clutch pack for the AWD and I will gladly pay what I paid for the SHO for that Fusion.

365/350 3.5
325/375 2.7

No replacement for displacement is no longer applicable.

SHOhobo

Agreed on all points....after thoughts on my original post led me to just delete it...plus I didn't realize there were posts i did not see past the first page until after I posted....as I said just unfortunate that the venerable Taurus SHO may be gone within the next year or so....
Current: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD Scorpion Edition. Ceramic Gray

Previous: 2018 SHO.  Burgundy Velvet Metallic Tinted Clearcoat - non PP - Driver Assist Pkg - max optioned - optional non flower wheels - Drop in K&N air filter. Thinking about a "light" tune this time around. 🤔

Previous: 2015 SHO - Ingot Silver - non PP - Drivers Assist Pkge - max optioned - optional non flower wheels.

Dxlnt1

Maybe..........
The L.A. Car show is this week. I hate the schedule change but if I get some time, will go down and see whats on the horizon all thing auto.

2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint