• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

CAI Testing Results

Started by SHOnUup, April 23, 2015, 09:13:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Quote from: ZSHO on April 24, 2015, 05:17:09 PM
That is some cool hardcore data Rich,analysis are pretty even,but at the end the clear winner was you buddy with that 12.42 ET.  Z
X2
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Quote from: ZSHO on April 24, 2015, 05:17:09 PM
That is some cool hardcore data Rich,analysis are pretty even,but at the end the clear winner was you buddy with that 12.42 ET.  Z
Thx buddy. Was a complete blast, helped out by Paul and his buddy being there.

4 of 7 runs in the 12.4's...left a pretty good smile on my face for days :D

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ShoBoat

Great info Rich. 12.4 wow that is quick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

SHOnUup

Quote from: ShoBoat on April 24, 2015, 06:42:00 PM
Great info Rich. 12.4 wow that is quick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks...hoping we can sneak into the 12.2's on May 16th...need some good DA for that I think...cmon mother nature, nice cool morning would be great

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

Time slips from the best runs for each.

Rich

FoMoCoSHO

Thanks for doing this Rich.

I think you saved some folks money and gave a whole bunch of us buyers remorse, LOL!

f8tlSHO

Glad I only bought a 50$ k&n over a 300$ intake... I was pretty sure when I bought the filter that the stock air box would work well. I have a foxbody mustang also, the stock air box makes the most power in these

Sent from my iPhone
2013 Non PP Unleashed 93 E20 3 Bar Tune, K&N drop in 12.491 @ 110.96 120's IAT
Now tuned by ajp...looking to go faster
E30 tune on14psi full weight including 2 child seats,race like a real street car.
12.433 @110.8 140's IAT; Mustang Dyno 332hp / 386tq

FoMoCoSHO

So I've had a different result on the 2015.....

The poor throttle response issue is non-existant.

Intake temps get warm but recover quickly with some throttle application....in the old car it got to a certain point that it just wouldn't recover.

I also gained +1 MPH trap speed....of course with all the variables, who knows?

Almost makes me think I screwed up something when I installed it but I had it on and off 3 or 4 times.

ugh....

SHOdded

Better heat shielding in the engine cover?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

I have no idea, looks the same but I never really looked closely at the 2013's. Mine is currently off and I've been watching cat temps instead. Dash command doesn't give me the plethora of gauges that torque does on one screen.

Maybe a hidden change in the fender that affects airflow?

Idk........still scratching my head about it.

m3dragon

Late to the party (As always it seems LOL).

Based on slips if I read them right that stock is faster than MDesign and Windstorm? Or did I read them wrong.

Based on reading all the threads I have been reading to catch up to SHO / ECOBoost modding, it seams stock as always with a BMC filter is best until someone one removes the Saxophone turn to the turbos?

SHOnUup

Quote from: m3dragon on August 26, 2015, 12:18:22 PM

Based on slips if I read them right that stock is faster than MDesign and Windstorm? Or did I read them wrong.

Based on reading all the threads I have been reading to catch up to SHO / ECOBoost modding, it seams stock as always with a BMC filter is best until someone one removes the Saxophone turn to the turbos?
Windstorm (modded)    12.42
MDesign.                         12.43
Stock with K&N drop in 12.44

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

m3dragon

Quote from: SHOnUup on August 26, 2015, 12:33:38 PM
Quote from: m3dragon on August 26, 2015, 12:18:22 PM

Windstorm (modded)    12.42
MDesign.                         12.43
Stock with K&N drop in 12.44

Thanks for the clarification.

SHOnUup

No problem...2 hundredths of seperation for 3 CAI'S...that's pretty close

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

m3dragon

I bumped a thread for the dead about I believe Mike was it who made a custom direct feed intake. Anyone have any more info as last updated in 2013. Based on logic that sounds like the only real solution.

I am trying to get a BMC filter right now as they seem to flow the best next to S&B from my experience. K&N and AFE are ok.