• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

good and the bad batteries

Started by panther427, April 17, 2015, 02:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panther427

my car will be in need of a new battery sooner or later. As such I have been looking at prices and cca. wanted to hear about options besides the well know such as diehard optima interstate.

Right now my thought is possibly to buy a napa agm battery. seems to one of the cheaper agm style battery with plenty of cca and over 2 hours reserve time
http://m.napaonline.com/parts/PartsDetail.aspx?k=NBE9865_0420974321
2013 SHO

SHOdded

Or a lithium battery :)  Costco's Kirkland brand batteries are supposed to be pretty good also.  A good 65 battery will usually be around 800 CCAs.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jtoddk98

If you don't want to spend $200+ on a battery, the motorcraft 850cca is good. But if yo do, you can't beat an odyssey battery. It's a monster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

panther427

The one place that i have found that sells odysse close to me wants 330 for it..... Kinda not happy with ford and there battery and or warrenty hoops you have to jump through.
2013 SHO

jtoddk98

Quote from: panther427 on April 18, 2015, 10:39:37 PM
The one place that i have found that sells odysse close to me wants 330 for it..... Kinda not happy with ford and there battery and or warrenty hoops you have to jump through.
this is the correct battery for our car. If you have Amazon prime you get the free 2 day shipping too $267.33 http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00249GW9S/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?qid=1429417746&sr=8-7&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=odyssey+battery&dpPl=1&dpID=51543ZrgkvL&ref=plSrch

2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

20ecoboost10

Here is another option

http://buy.northstarbattery.com/p/nsb-agm-65-battery

I think this what I am going to purchase when the time comes
2010 Flex Limited Ecoboost

crash712us

I bought a agm battery from advances auto about a 1 1/2 ago. Order online, got a big discount on, hasn't failed me yet.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

SHO Rod

Quote from: crash712us on April 20, 2015, 05:52:32 AM
I bought a agm battery from advances auto about a 1 1/2 ago. Order online, got a big discount on, hasn't failed me yet.

I did the same for my wife's 2010 Lincoln MKT EB.  We were on the way home from vacation with the kids, stopped for gas and the car wouldn't start.  Used the jumpstart pack to get it going then looked on my phone for the nearest Advance along our route.  Advance always has 20% off or better coupons available online so I pulled up a coupon code from a website, ordered the battery from my phone, and stopped by the store about 20 minutes later.  They even installed it in the rain for me.  I went with their store brand of AGM and haven't had any problems with it.  That will have been 2 years ago this June.

I think the AGM battery I put in my SHO was also an Advance store brand.  It was either Advance or O'Reilly.  I haven't had any issues with it either.

-Rod

mval

i've had good luck with duralast from autozone, so when my died a good 18 months ago that's what i did. was considering optima. unfortunately they had discontinued the red top, really wanted that for engine scheme so just painted tops red. would have done the same with my other car but takes a monster battery that duralast doesn't make.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

SHOdded

Group size 34 batteries should fit within a Group 65 space, if you need an alternative.  Here are Interstate battery dimensions, for example (each mfr is different):
http://www.interstatebatteries.com/content/product_info/auto_interstate_f.asp
Motorcraft
http://machenry.com/documents/batteryspecs.pdf
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jbrown9999

Quote from: jtoddk98 on April 19, 2015, 12:30:06 AM

this is the correct battery for our car. If you have Amazon prime you get the free 2 day shipping too $267.33 http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00249GW9S/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?qid=1429417746&sr=8-7&pi=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70&keywords=odyssey+battery&dpPl=1&dpID=51543ZrgkvL&ref=plSrch

My '16 was a little slow to start, so I ordered it.  I don't drive a whole lot but this will be ready when the time comes.
2016 Ford SHO w/ PP w/ SCT X4 w/ Gearhead tune,
MDesign CAI, non-noise maker pipe
Gapped/colder plugs, Thermostat w/ Water Wetter
MSD COPS, aFe Silver Bullet intake spacer
UPR catch can, BOV to atmosphere mod

ZSHO

Quote from: jbrown9999 on December 11, 2018, 07:38:47 PM
Quote from: jtoddk98 on April 19, 2015, 12:30:06 AM

My '16 was a little slow to start, so I ordered it.  I don't drive a whole lot but this will be ready when the time comes.
I'm liking that RED Odyssey! It would compliment Redhead Nicely.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

It is a good battery :)  With a little care, you can extend the already long life of the AGM even further.  I think the key remains to avoid deep discharges when possible.  That and felt pads, greasing the terminals, etc.

ZSHO

I guess with the Holidays upon us spoke to Noell over @ www.Caridauto.com and assured me that the delivery set date for this Friday . Z

GRAND TOTAL $304.18

http://www.odysseybatteries.com/pc1750.htm

https://www.carid.com/2013-ford-taurus-charging-starting/odyssey-extreme-series-battery-1490773631.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|