• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Learned Octane Ratio (LOR) Gauge in Torque

Started by ecoboostsho, April 16, 2015, 01:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOT_ROCKET

Digging this one out of a cold grave...

I just loaded up Torque Pro on my phone since I don't like having my SCT X4 plugged in all the time, and because the app has more pretty customization options.

I was really hoping to be able to display the OAR, but alas, I couldn't find that PID anywhere in the app. Naturally, google lead me here, but I can't seem to get it to work. When I put the equation in, it says "empty string." It's typed correctly with no spaces, but it just wont take it. Any idea what gives?
'17 Fusion Sport 2.7l Ecoboost AWD
Ortiz Tune  (in progress)

2017 Ford Fusion Sport, 1st stock run: 8.98 @ 77.15 MPH

ecoboostsho

Start here and see if you can get it to work.  I've obviously never tested it personally on a Fusion but it might be the same.

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,3141.0.html

Maybe post a screen shot?
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

BOT_ROCKET

Quote from: ecoboostsho on March 15, 2021, 02:25:44 PM
Start here and see if you can get it to work.  I've obviously never tested it personally on a Fusion but it might be the same.

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,3141.0.html

Maybe post a screen shot?

Ok, well this is weird. So the first time I tried it, I just copy/pasta'd the equation from this thread. Then I tried deleting it and retyped it thinking something from the paste didn't format properly (maybe it didn't like the bold font?). I did that at least two more times over the last day trying to modify the equation in various ways to no avail. Now I just tried again to get a screenshot, but this time I input the equation manually from the start (no copy/pasta) and it took it. So apparently the app didn't like something about the way it pasted.

Anyway, I have the PID added now, so here's to hoping I don't explode my car when I test it. I'll report back soon.

BOT_ROCKET

Welp, not quite there, I'm afraid. When I got it set up and running, I had a few gallons of 87 in the tank left over from a weekend road trip. The LOR showed .33 steady. I filled with 93, but it still hasn't budged from .33 after at least a few miles of city driving and a pretty obvious bump in power with the higher octane (still on stock tune from road trip). I'm gonna switch back to my X4 to see if it shows something different.

Nevermind. I guess it just takes longer to update than I expected. It took quite a while for each change, but it's worked its way to -1 on the app, which corresponds to the -0.96 on my X4 (apparently thats as low as the X4 will read).

So I can confirm this works on the Fusion Sport.