• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Learned Octane Ratio (LOR) Gauge in Torque

Started by ecoboostsho, April 16, 2015, 01:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larrylu

I've got a big grin on my face lately. I haven't had a KR issue in a very long time and the LOR is happily perched on -1.0 all while running 4X.  I did a brief WOT blast yesterday to look at CHP readings and was pleased to see a 15.1 lb boost reading. I'm not positive, but I think that's my first in the 15's. I have been worried about KR and gas octane issues for what seems to me like a long time. I'm tempted to say I was struggling with this last year even before the cold weather, so I'm a bit reluctant to chalk my good fortune now to the return of summer gas, but I don't know what else to credit.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

SHOnUup

Quote from: Larrylu on April 23, 2015, 08:07:55 AM
I've got a big grin on my face lately. I haven't had a KR issue in a very long time and the LOR is happily perched on -1.0 all while running 4X.  I did a brief WOT blast yesterday to look at CHP readings and was pleased to see a 15.1 lb boost reading. I'm not positive, but I think that's my first in the 15's. I have been worried about KR and gas octane issues for what seems to me like a long time. I'm tempted to say I was struggling with this last year even before the cold weather, so I'm a bit reluctant to chalk my good fortune now to the return of summer gas, but I don't know what else to credit.
Great news Larry. That KR gauge can be quite the attention grabber, but is a must to watch everyday IMO.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

LOR gauge functioning as advertised.

As far as -Kr, with the current brew I can be cruising on level ground at 40 and I see negative.....

SHOnUup

Just a reminder for those typing in PID'S....some devices will auto space after you put in "signed"...this space will cause a flat 0 reading

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Larrylu

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 23, 2015, 10:46:07 AM
LOR gauge functioning as advertised.

As far as -Kr, with the current brew I can be cruising on level ground at 40 and I see negative.....
Must remember that -KR is good!  Timing being added in! 
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on April 23, 2015, 10:48:36 AM
Just a reminder for those typing in PID'S....some devices will auto space after you put in "signed"...this space will cause a flat 0 reading

Rich
Good call, mine did that but I noticed....

sunwolf

Im going to have to do some testing with this. I currently am jumping between -.82 and -.93. will have to see what different stations gas will do. Anyone ever use sunoco 94 octane? Overpriced but maybe it will get me to -1 without blending.
2014 Taurus SHO Black Performance Pack LMS tune 3bar tstat downpipes
2008 BMW M6 Convertible SMG
2008 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.4L
2011 F-150 Ecoboost Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Lincoln Navigator L 4x4

ecoboostsho

I'm stuck at -0.90 as well but I had some 87 left from my testing. I just filled up with 93 and a gallon of e85 to see what happens.
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: sunwolf on April 23, 2015, 11:32:58 AM
Im going to have to do some testing with this. I currently am jumping between -.82 and -.93. will have to see what different stations gas will do. Anyone ever use sunoco 94 octane? Overpriced but maybe it will get me to -1 without blending.
Is it more than vpower 93?

sunwolf

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 23, 2015, 11:40:40 AM
Quote from: sunwolf on April 23, 2015, 11:32:58 AM
Is it more than vpower 93?
Yes. I never buy Sunoco or Shell because they seem to be so overpriced. Usually around here 93 at any other station is 20 to 40 cents more than regular. At Shell or Sunoco 93 is at least 80 cents more and 94 is just insane for all of one more octane.
2014 Taurus SHO Black Performance Pack LMS tune 3bar tstat downpipes
2008 BMW M6 Convertible SMG
2008 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.4L
2011 F-150 Ecoboost Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Lincoln Navigator L 4x4

SHOnUup

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 23, 2015, 11:21:04 AM
Quote from: SHOnUup on April 23, 2015, 10:48:36 AM

Rich
Good call, mine did that but I noticed....
Yup...after many entries into the formula area it got me again. As it sat at zero I couldn't wait to reach destination and delete the space.

Rich

ecoboostsho

That would be frustrating!

I put some e85 back in with more 93 and after just ten minutes my LOR was pegged at -1. Gauge is definitely working well and seems to be sensitive enough to trust.
2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)

SHOdded

It's just the latest in a series of excellent custom gauges, ecoboostsho :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ecoboostsho

Quote from: SHOdded on April 24, 2015, 04:10:30 AM
It's just the latest in a series of excellent custom gauges, ecoboostsho :thumb:
Actually I have YOU to thank.  The article you posted/found from Cobb tuning was really the key to get me thinking about how this was supposed to work.  So...hats off to you!