• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What is this?

Started by Airbornemaikai, April 14, 2015, 10:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airbornemaikai

So every morning I get up to take my kid to school I go out and start the car and let it warm up, well this morning when I got back home as I was pulling in my drive way I saw this after I parked. So this is where I always park and this is clearly out of my exhaust. Unfortunately my allergies are pretty bad so I can't really smell anything, I did smell to see if it smelled like oil but from what I could tell it does not smell like oil. 2 tanks of gas ago I used a bottle of Heet+iso and then on my current tank I have a bottle of techron concentrate plus, could this be crap its cleaning out? Also apparently the shells here decided not to keep the 93 octane (they had it for 2months and got rid of it) and one of the 2 E85 pumps in my area closed.
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

vernonator

Looks like condensation with some soot mixed in. Does it feel oily to your fingers?
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

ZSHO

Agreed,does seem to look like black soot mixed with h2o,and probably the heet or the techron helped relieve some carbon buildup,have you changed your oil lately? are you using a full synthetic oil,any noticeable difference in engine performance,and how many miles on your X-SPORT.Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

As above ^^^ have said, probably condensation + existing soot in exhaust getting blown out after the Heet/Techron.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Airbornemaikai

Ok yea that's gotta be it. Didn't feel like oil plus had the pregnant wife with her spider sense smell it and she said definitely not oil. Looks like I'll be using another dose on my next fill up till it's all gone, so yea good stuff apparently

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport
Airaid 401-260

Airbornemaikai

Also zsho my oil change was 2100 miles ago, I'm at 34k and I'm using pennzoil platinum pure plus

2014 Explorer Sport
Airaid 401-260

ZSHO

Quote from: Airbornemaikai on April 14, 2015, 02:30:36 PM
Also zsho my oil change was 2100 miles ago, I'm at 34k and I'm using pennzoil platinum pure plus

Have you ever used any fuel additives before,otherwise enjoy.Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Airbornemaikai

Only thing I used before was a bottle of Lucas oil octane booster. Seems I need to have the BG services done
2014 Explorer Sport
Airaid 401-260

Frozen Taurus

All that is soot and water from the exhaust .... you might have a rich tune from LMS as most people tune to the rich side to allow for changes in environment

No need to worry
2011 Tuxedo Black SHO non PP, K&N drop in, TCE Big Brake Kit, Megan Racing Coilovers
My other car is a 447 awhp Talon

Airbornemaikai

Never had this happen until I put this stuff in and I've been tuned for well over a year now. I'm thinking at least the Heet is working like it should. I may need to start using it more often as our gas around here is run by a bunch of clowns, heck I may revert back to Chevron
2014 Explorer Sport
Airaid 401-260

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Airbornemaikai on April 14, 2015, 08:45:21 PM
Never had this happen until I put this stuff in and I've been tuned for well over a year now. I'm thinking at least the Heet is working like it should. I may need to start using it more often as our gas around here is run by a bunch of clowns, heck I may revert back to Chevron
I posted up a pic of my pipes in the random pics thread.

Not only are the tips clean but the pipe before the tips is also completely clean.

The new car has 2 bottles of HEET (.18 gal/meth) which the old car never saw.

Airbornemaikai

Just saw your pic, almost sparkling clean. Looks like I will be using heet on the regular. WalMart has it for like $1.39, I use the Iso Heet
2014 Explorer Sport
Airaid 401-260

QuickSilver

I was backed into the driveway one evening a few months ago, fired up in the am and left after a lil warm up as per usual. My garage door was spattered with soot/condensate droplets when I got home :-  Simple green got most of it off but there was still faint spots in the white paint.  I like the HEET idea.  I'm all about a lil tune up in a can ;)
AJ

2014 Ingot Silver Explorer Sport- LMS V3 Tune, AirRaid CAI, Hi_flow Catted DP's to Complete dual 2.5" exhaust, 19"X 9.5"TSW Panorama Rotary Forged/powdercoated Rims, Cree LED Foglights, Hoping for those Megan coilovers to be developed...

FoMoCoSHO

ISO HEET is not meth, fyi....

Just filled up , 1.82 gal of corn, .18 of meth(HEET). Total of 2 gallons and 20% blend.

Thanks for the heads up on WalMart pricing. I have seen a case of 24 on amazon for $28.00. Silly me didn't buy it then. Currently $37.00 I think...

ZSHO

Always try to get the yellow bottle that contains methanol,the red bottles has isoprpyl which you dont want.Z