• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

20" flower rims scratches....

Started by 14SHOCAR, April 08, 2015, 04:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

14SHOCAR

When I purchased my car in March, I bought it with a few scuffs on the factory rims. I am starting to see some corrosion of the rims, and I would like to know what I should do to stop the rusting / corrosion of the rims? I've seen polishing wool, and a few other items, my bigger questions is how to do I seal/machine polish the rim again so it doesn't keep corroding?

Do they use a clear on the rim from the factory?

Images to follow:

Still blowing up the threads with questions :) There is so much knowledge here!
18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

14SHOCAR

18 Volvo S90 Inscription - 2.0T Twin Charged - Polestar Tuned.
17 Lincoln MKZ 3.0T GTDI -To Tune, or Not To Tune -- THAT is the question.
15 Road Glide Special - CFR Exhaust, Powder Coated everything, DirtyAir Air ride
14 Taurus SHO (Sold)
LMS 93 V8 3Bar Tune, K&N Intake, LMS 160 t-stat, LMS pre-gapped plugs, Corsa Exhaust

66 Galaxie

The factory wheels come clearcoarted from the factory so you will need to redo the clearcoat after you fix the scratches.
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

panther427

I had polished. And clear coated. Aluminum wheels before that I carefully. Sanded the scratches away with several steps of grit. Finished with 2000 wet grit.  Then got aluminum polish and worked that a couple times. And waxed the wheels. But that was polished wheels
2013 SHO

66 Galaxie

To match the machined/textured finish I would suggest finding a good wheel refinisher and seeing what they can do.
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost