• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Simoniz Professional GlassCoat Suggestions?

Started by 14SHOCAR, April 07, 2015, 09:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Quote from: ajpturbo on September 06, 2015, 09:16:29 PM
I've waxed my car once recently....how would u go about prepping a waxed car for application of simonize or cquart?
Decontaminate with Iron-X Snow Foam or similar (even clay bar if you really want to work). Then polish the car.. Your choice of product... I am partial to CarPro Reflects as the very fine abrasive is suitable for hand or machine use... And this abrasive actually dissolves as you use it giving an even smoother finish.  Do the plastic and HLs/TLs too! Next wash the car... I advise a foam cannon and no touch technique.... or else frequently disposing of the MF washcloths as you go. Blow the car dry... Don't rub.  Finally a gentle IPA wipdown just to be sure... Then apply the coating.... BTW the consumer version of CQuart is $75 for a kit that will do two coats on your car, but with this kit CarPro won't give the 2 year paint and sealnt warranty. 

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

FoMoCoSHO

AJP turbo

SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

BiGMaC

Quote from: ajpturbo on September 06, 2015, 11:16:59 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on September 06, 2015, 10:45:16 PM
Quote from: ajpturbo on September 06, 2015, 10:20:26 PM
Looks like eBay and Amazon have some?
Cquartz finest?

Yeah I think that's what I saw
Doubt it... CQuart Finest is only sold to CarPro trained and certified (by them) appliers. It also has a different working time than CQuart in consumer version, but is the same coating essentially.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Carpro-us.com is a great source (Corey).  They are holding a Labor Day sale right now:
http://www.carpro-us.com/labor-day-sale/

FREE SHIPPING OVER 95$ - PLEASE NOTE: When using the free shipping coupon code FREE95 - At checkout

But yeah, I do believe CQF is installer-only.  CQ UK is also a great product, BUT not as easy to use as CQ or CQF.  CQ when used with Reflect will make your jaw drop, no question, from the sample images detailers have put up.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!