• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

How To Replace Rear Dome Light With LED's

Started by Evilcartman, April 06, 2015, 08:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evilcartman

Just picked up a 2015 SHO. I already swapped out the front map lights with LED's and I love them. I have tried 4 different vendors for the rear dome light, each promising their bulbs will work even after I explained the known resistance issue.

Does anyone have the pictures from this link or the details how to add the resistor to the circuit?

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,945.0.html

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jtoddk98

I didn't have any problems with putting leds in my car. It's a 2011 but isn't the dome light the same style, just black?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

PokerMunkee

2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4