• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wasinger3000

I know 16xsport was trying to find a device to datalog with but I'm not sure if he found something so I sent him a PM with a link to this auction on eBay for an x3 at a great price. (Currently $1+$20 S&H) * edit - sold for $26.

If he doesn't buy it or get my PM in time I thought I should share the link if anyone else is looking for a super cheap way to data log.

Link: http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/161975299800

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

ZSHO

I have been having the (BMS)Battery Management System)on the screen alert me to press o.k and to power off the vehicle while in accessory mode on a few occassions just after 5 min,while the car was checked the battery voltage on the instrument cluster and it was 11.8,also had code B1215 short to battery which was not an issue while having the car at the dealer a while back,guess the car needs to protect itself,heres some info pertaining to the issue.              This is from a workshop manual

Charging System

The charging system is a negative ground system consisting of:
• a generator with an internal voltage regulator
• a charging system warning indicator
• a battery
• circuitry and cables
• a PCM
• a radial arm adapter (serviced separately from the generator)
• a battery current sensor (this is what's in the picture)
• a generator current sensor

The generator is driven by the accessory drive belt. When the engine is started, the generator begins to generate AC voltage which is internally converted to DC voltage. The DC voltage is controlled by the voltage regulator (located on the rear of the generator) and supplied to the battery. The PCM controls the voltage regulation set point, working with the generator internal voltage regulator over 2 control and communication circuits.

This vehicle is equipped with load shed strategy. The Body Control Module (BCM) monitors the battery state of charge using the battery current sensor
attached to the negative battery cable and the battery open circuit voltage as measured by the BCM during 8 continuous hours of vehicle sleep time (ignition off with doors closed).

With the engine off and the ignition in the ACC, RUN or delayed accessory position, when the BCM determines the battery state of charge is low, a message is sent to shut down the audio/navigation system in order to save the remaining battery charge. Under this condition:

• the Front Display Interface Module (FDIM) displays SYS OFF TO SAVE BATT (without navigation) or BATTERY SAVER — SYSTEM OFF
PLEASE START THE ENGINE (with navigation).
• the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) message center may also display TURN POWER OFF TO SAVE BATT (base message center) or TURN POWER
OFF TO SAVE BATTERY (optional message center) to notify the driver that battery protection actions are active.
• the battery indicator may also illuminate.
If the vehicle battery has been charged or battery replaced, it takes approximately 8 hours for the BCM to learn the new battery state of charge. During this 8 hour period, the vehicle must be undisturbed, with no doors opened or keyless entry buttons pressed. If the vehicle is used before the BCM is allowed to learn the new battery state of charge, engine off load shedding may occur earlier than normal and a message may be displayed.
If the vehicle has been jump started, engine off load shedding can still occur and a message may be displayed until the BCM determines the battery state
of charge is above 40%.

With the engine running, when the BCM and Power Steering Control Module (PSCM) voltage is low, a message is sent from the BCM to either minimize or
shut down the climate controlled seats, rear defrost, heated mirrors and Dual Automatic Temperature Control (DATC) blower motor to improve system
voltage. Under this condition, the IPC message center displays either LOW BATTERY LESS FEATURES (base message center) or LOW BATTERY. Z    -MANU DO apologize for the long post or improper location.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FoMoCoSHO

Good info Z

The 15 has been through two batteries already and has random dead batteries. It appears the battery saver program fails to run all the way so the modules don't go to sleep and kill the battery. You can see on the Nav screen when you jump it that the routine started, failed about half way, and failed to complete.

ZSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 20, 2016, 06:02:35 PM
Good info Z

The 15 has been through two batteries already and has random dead batteries. It appears the battery saver program fails to run all the way so the modules don't go to sleep and kill the battery. You can see on the Nav screen when you jump it that the routine started, failed about half way, and failed to complete.
My dealer also replaced the battery under warranty last year,with the MC-BXT-65-850,and the P.Interceptor uses the 750.   Battery - Heavy Duty
● Battery - Maintenance-Free
● Battery Rating - 750 Cca
● Battery Saver PI Battery.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

AJP turbo

Dealer told me if they replace my garbage 650 battery under warranty they have to use the same battery that came out...i said i wanted the 850

He said he cant and could lose his job...i told he he should lose his job for not putting in what he knows is better and do the right thing...hope ford sees this
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOdded

Some dealerships can work it better with Ford, they know what Ford expects to hear & why.  But it wouldn't be a bad thing to meet "halfway".  I mean they could have just charged an "upgrade" fee in service to the customer, if nothing else.  Assuming the customer acts friendly to them, of course.  There's definitely times to be irate, but most situations warrant keeping your cool.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Alas... While I fear no SHO will be offered in the US for the '17 model year there is an upgraded tranny and 3.5 GDI coming to the F150 apparently... Scetchy details here:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/joannmuller/2016/02/26/ford-boosting-investment-in-cleveland-for-next-f-150-ecoboost-engines/#6ee607134f76

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

wasinger3000

I got tired of the factory 650 battery and just bought an 850 interstate battery. So much better.

I went through 3 factory batteries under warranty in less than a year, one of those left me stuck in a parking lot, but I got to meet a nice uber driver.. So that's cool. Hah.

Sent using smoke signals.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

SHOdded

Hope the Interstate battery lives up to its' reputation!  And yeah, the Uber service is very handy to have, def made me more independent.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

CroR1

Why can't someone produce a decent set of lightweight 20" wheels, like up to 20 lbs, and for an affordable price, say 1,000$, as opposed to 6,000$.

SHOdded

Saw this note on a Gates water pump replacement for the NA 3.5 engine:
QuoteA small amount of coolant leaking from the weep hole is normal. Small drips are OK. Longer streams or continuous leaking may indicate a problem. OE manufacturers developed the weep chamber as a way to hide the small drips so pumps are not prematurely determined to be failing. Those drips will remain in the chamber and evaporate as the engine heats up.

I wonder if it applies to the EB 3.5 also.

66 Galaxie

I believe it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'14 Flex Tuxedo Black ecoboost

ZSHO

I guess some parts of California are in early preparation of the summer-fuel arrival,it looks like most of us will expect the transition to the long awaited summer-blend gasoline to be here roughly around June 1st with a modest increase in Summer prices.  Z        http://www.pennlive.com/life/2016/02/gas_prices_are_steadily_climbi.html     https://ycharts.com/indicators/gas_price                                                                                    http://www.pressherald.com/2016/03/02/gas-prices-start-spring-upswing-but-expect-a-summer-of-savings/                                           

ZSHO

I have an appt at my local friendly dealer this Friday for an oil change and to further inspect a rear valve cover leaking right by the oil seperator which in fact was replaced under warranty over a year ago and also cleaned a few months back and all of a sudden after cleaning the engine bay noticed the oil is back just in time for Spring and pollen.  Z    :o

SHOdded

Ugh!  Can't recall, that's still the original valve cover right, not the updated/composite one, Z?  Hopefully the leak is simply a bad seal and not PCV related.