• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Needmoreboost

Heres my prediction for Geswek.  354/404.  Winner gets autographed pic of the Man himself.  Lol
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

DJE624

I was thinking 350/400 with the Corsa. 

Has anyone dyno'd a '13 with a tune yet?

PopolZ

I'm cleaning walls and ceilings caked with what appears to be 15 years of chain smoking nicotine. I've cleaned the walls 5 times now and if I spray some cleaning solution on them I can still see nicotine streaks... it's driving me fu***g nuts!
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, non-PP, Steel Blue #243 of 301 - Custom tune by Torrie@Unleashed, PPE non-catted downpipes, custom 3rd cat & resonator delete, water/meth injection, HKS SSQV3 BOV and Carbotech AX6 brake pads.

1991 Nissan Skyline GTR, Pearl Black Metallic - a few goodies

SHOdded

Can steam be safely applied to these walls/ceilings?  That may take care of the stubborn remnants.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Scott13SHO

Can you repaint? That would be the easiest way of taking care of it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

PopolZ

I'm prepping the walls/ceilings for repaint.
I did try some steam but it wasn't doing it... maybe my steamer isn't hot enough.
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, non-PP, Steel Blue #243 of 301 - Custom tune by Torrie@Unleashed, PPE non-catted downpipes, custom 3rd cat & resonator delete, water/meth injection, HKS SSQV3 BOV and Carbotech AX6 brake pads.

Scott13SHO

When I moved into my condo almost 10 years ago, I went through something like 17 gallons of white paint repainting the walls and ceiling. Keep in mind it was only 976 sq foot or so. The previous owner rented it out to an old lady that smoked like a chimney.

Ruby Red 2013 Ford Taurus SHO with Performance Package,Airaid CAI, MGP Red Caliper covers, LMS 93 Tune, Custom A-pillar Gauge pod with Aeroforce Interceptor Gauges, LED Interior and Exterior lights

PopolZ

already went through 16 gallons...

Scott13SHO

Yikes...good luck!

Darkside

Quote from: DJE624 on August 07, 2013, 11:18:57 PM

Yep, I had 355.  Can't remember the torque exactly but over 400. 
2013 Sho- Livernois tune, cai, stat, H&R springs, Stainless Works downpipes/catback

2009 G8- 447rwhp/411rwtq, Hsv Gts conversion
2006 Jeep Srt8
2003 Mustang Saleen Vert

DJE624

Quote from: Darkside on August 11, 2013, 01:07:20 AM
Quote from: DJE624 on August 07, 2013, 11:18:57 PM

Yep, I had 355.  Can't remember the torque exactly but over 400. 

Did you have the downpipes then?

crash712us

Quote from: PopolZ on August 09, 2013, 04:39:24 PM
I'm cleaning walls and ceilings caked with what appears to be 15 years of chain smoking nicotine. I've cleaned the walls 5 times now and if I spray some cleaning solution on them I can still see nicotine streaks... it's driving me fu***g nuts!
One word Kilz. just primer and paint.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

mjhpadi

Quote from: crash712us on August 11, 2013, 10:17:40 AM
Quote from: PopolZ on August 09, 2013, 04:39:24 PM
One word Kilz. just primer and paint.
I've used that several times and it works great, really cuts out stuff bleeding through the paint.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

PopolZ

I filled my cheap steamer with almost boiling water and it was hot enough to clean the nicotine. I've ordered something bigger and better so I should be able to use normal primer when I'm done with the cleaning.

PopolZ

Quote from: SHOdded on August 09, 2013, 04:49:59 PM
Can steam be safely applied to these walls/ceilings?  That may take care of the stubborn remnants.
Got my steam cleaner yesterday and put it through its pace tonight... WOW! No headache from chemical fumes and it's a lot easier to clean. I have to be careful though because it's stripping the paint LOL