• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geswek

Quote from: mjhpadi on August 02, 2013, 11:45:32 PM
If you want an easy way to get the engine bay looking good, Adam's In and Out Spray works great.  Just spray it on and you can use it on vinyl, rubber, and plastic, both interior, exterior, and engine bay.  The other thing I use that works great is Aerospace 303 Protectant.  But the In & Out Spray is really easy, spray it on and then allow it to dray for a few minutes, quick buff, and things look great.

Doesn't help me when it can't be bought locally.

:bangin:

I'm gonna call Franklin Auto Spa at 8, see if they can have one of their minions do my engine bay--it needs to be cleaned anyways.

I just don't like leaving my hood open while walking around looks at cars; too many dumb turds in the world.

Just like I don't leave my windows down either. They'll just have to stare through my 15% tint LOL.

FLIP-4-SHO

Next week about mid week I should get my Shelby back from having new stripes painted on. No more stickers crap.. Was the third set from Shelby and all weathered terribly. Ill post some pics.

Stopped by during the week and saw at least the front bumper and looked good so far. Cannot wait. You know how after ya wash your car... it always drives better.. Lol.

2011 Taurus SHO - 402A, PP pkg's - Multi-Contour Seats, Eibach Springs, AiRaid Intake, Custom Exhaust, TWIN TURBO & SHO Hood stripes, 2013 Fender vents, Tinted Glass... Michelin Pilot Super Sports 255/45-20 on stk PP rims

On Deck in order: Wheels, Big Brake kit, Grill & door handle paint, LED lights everywhere. Last but not least... A Tune

DJE624

FLIP-4-SHO

2011 Taurus SHO - 402A, PP pkg's - Multi-Contour Seats, Eibach Springs, AiRaid Intake, Custom Exhaust, TWIN TURBO & SHO Hood stripes, 2013 Fender vents, Tinted Glass... Michelin Pilot Super Sports 255/45-20 on stk PP rims

On Deck in order: Wheels, Big Brake kit, Grill & door handle paint, LED lights everywhere. Last but not least... A Tune

elund126

Quote from: Needmoreboost on August 01, 2013, 04:35:25 PM
Quote from: geswek on August 01, 2013, 04:24:03 PM
Quote from: Needmoreboost on August 01, 2013, 04:16:35 PM
I just feel the need to type something because I'm cool...

You are cool; I hail you "LORD COOLNESS DUDE"

Quote from: Scott13SHO on August 01, 2013, 04:18:13 PMWhy not an ST? Then again I wasn't a big fan of the ST3 seats...the Recardos are a bit too restrictive around my kidney area.

Yeah, me either. I didn't like the bolster in the thigh area--

I found one in VA for $17k with 12k miles.

Do some research on the speed 3's.  I looked at those before I bought my SRT4 Caliber.  They have a tendency to pop motors stock or modded.  Personally knew a few guys.  FYI

I had a 2010 Speed3......loved it. Never had 1 single problem with it. I installed a Corksport SRI and TIP and it was a little rocket. Best handling car I ever owned. I only got about 25 MPG and that was keeping my foot out of the skinny pedal too.
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO
Windows Tinted, SP-534, 3-bar, Unleashed Tuning

DJE624

Stopped at a rest area on the way home from Detroit last night.  I never carry cash anymore.  But, I checked out the machines.  I saw what appeared to be the edge of a bill sticking out of one.  I got my fingernail on it and pulled out a mangled five!  Free pop and chips!

geswek

Quote from: DJE624 on August 06, 2013, 01:24:55 PM
Stopped at a rest area on the way home from Detroit last night.  I never carry cash anymore.  But, I checked out the machines.  I saw what appeared to be the edge of a bill sticking out of one.  I got my fingernail on it and pulled out a mangled five!  Free pop and chips!

I find this concerning.

mval

Things are slow @ work today.
Have a died in the wool GM fan @ work who is looking to get a 2014. Likes my SHO but it's a Ford!  Looked what he showed me:
2014 Cadillac XTS Packs Twin Turbo Power new V-6 engine option produces 410 horsepower
Starting in August, the all-new Cadillac Twin Turbo V6 will go into production as an optional engine for the 2014 XTS.

The new Cadillac Twin Turbo V6 is also a signature feature of the upcoming all-new 2014 CTS luxury performance sedan. In the XTS, the twin turbo will produce an SAE-certified 410 horsepower (306 kW) and 369 lb-ft of torque (500 Nm), making it one of the most power-dense six-cylinder engines among luxury cars. The engine delivers 105 lb-ft more torque over the standard V-6 from1900 to 5600 rpm, providing seemingly endless torque for vehicle responsiveness.

"The addition of the new Cadillac Twin Turbo expands and elevates the XTS luxury sedan," said Bob Ferguson, vice president Global Cadillac. "This is a compelling enhancement to what is already one of the most technically advanced sedans in our history."

In both the CTS and XTS product lines, the twin turbo will be the centerpiece of a new model offering called Vsport. The new Vsport is inspired by and slotted "underneath" Cadillac's elite high-performance V-Series models. Vsport includes the best-performing technical elements inside the "regular" car line in a single model, headlined by Twin Turbo engine.

The new Cadillac Twin Turbo is a comprehensive upgrade to the 3.6L dual overhead cam V6 that is standard in the XTS in the U.S. market. 

The XTS Vsport model will be offered only in the up-level Premium and Platinum Collections as all-wheel drive.

I looked at him & said WOW that GM is really got a winner there, too bad they had to copy a 4 year Ford design to get it & stay away from that Guzzler Tax on their V-8 & can't wait to see sticker price. Maybe you should look at the Chevy SS. 415HP out of a 6.2L V8 WOwzzy!
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

mjhpadi

Since you aren't going to talk him into a Ford...it tells you that he is somewhat closed minded.  To bad, sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees...it's kinda like saying the only old muscle cars you like are Camaro's, 'Vette;s....who doesn't like them all.  Sometimes you just have to admit there are a lot of good cars out there.  I'm betting the Cadillac will come in at least 5G's higher then an equally equipped MKS.  That's the car he should be comparing the Cadillac with, not the SHO.  And I think the MKS is a lot better looking the Cadillac series, for some reason, I just can't warm up to them...but that's just me.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

DJE624

I love this converter.

http://www.mk5cortinaestate.co.uk/calculator4.php

It says I have 447HP at the crank!  That might be English HP though.

shoman04

Quote from: geswek on August 05, 2013, 04:21:09 PM
Thanks Bruce!

Dyno is scheduled for Monday at 4:30; eager to see what the car does.

$80 bucks for 3 pulls; not bad.
$65 here in Atlanta.
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

shoman04

Quote from: DJE624 on August 07, 2013, 10:23:53 PM
I love this converter.

http://www.mk5cortinaestate.co.uk/calculator4.php

It says I have 447HP at the crank!  That might be English HP though.
440hp is good # for a stage4+ tune!!!!!!
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

geswek

Considering the car is 365bhp; and most coming off dyno are around 277whp -- it wouldn't be so far off.

I guess without a crank dyno you'd never know "for sure."

Either way; the car hauls ass mate!

DJE624

You bet!  Thanks!  I hope this will come in handy for you Monday!

Needmoreboost

Being that the 4+ is a max 93 tune a plus 80 at the crank is reasonable.  Yeah, for such heavy pig cars they rip.  Wonder what a 1000 pound diet would do for one of these cars.  Low 11's with slicks and tune!  Lol
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.