• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtoddk98

Quote from: glock-coma on May 30, 2015, 03:28:48 PM

Quote from: jtoddk98 on May 30, 2015, 12:11:44 PM
Nice! I considering buying this: it's an '89 SHO with 105k miles. Been sitting in a garage for 5-6 years. Needs cv joints. $500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check the spark plug wells also. Those valve covers are notorious for leaking. I had to chance all 6 o-rings on my old 90 sho.
Main reason for wanting it is because it's a manual. Don't want an automatic. Want a manual weekend toy. For $500 it's worth a shot at putting it back on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

Airbornemaikai

I'm a dad for the 3rd time. This is my son. Looks like Car parts will be on hold for a while as he was my birthday present.
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160ยบ Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

SHOdded

Man, that's awesome!!! Congrats!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I have been having ths intermitent rough idle for quite sometime know,had the car at the dealer last week where a buddy of mine works at,checked the car pretty thoroughly for any vacuum leaks,used the Ford IDS software to monitor and check for any misfires,fuel system and everything was fine,he mentioned that the 13+SHO have a common problem with a faulty injector as many of you are aware of,due to the holiday weekend wasnt able to check the injectors by putting a borescope in the engine and cranking the car over,the faulty injectors tend to leak even when the car is not firing,something to keep in mind is that a bad injector cannot be diagnosed with software or sct programmers,will keep you updated.thanks  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

Quote from: ZSHO on May 31, 2015, 08:00:00 AM
I have been having ths intermitent rough idle for quite sometime know,had the car at the dealer last week where a buddy of mine works at,checked the car pretty thoroughly for any vacuum leaks,used the Ford IDS software to monitor and check for any misfires,fuel system and everything was fine,he mentioned that the 13+SHO have a common problem with a faulty injector as many of you are aware of,due to the holiday weekend wasnt able to check the injectors by putting a borescope in the engine and cranking the car over,the faulty injectors tend to leak even when the car is not firing,something to keep in mind is that a bad injector cannot be diagnosed with software,will keep you updated on the situation.thanks  Z
Bummer to hear of a possible issue here Z...but you seem to have found a diamond in the rough with your service guys. Lucky you.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

Question for the gurus....did they make changes to the injectors from 4.1 to 4.2?

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

bpd1151

Quote from: SHOnUup on May 31, 2015, 08:11:22 AM
Question for the gurus....did they make changes to the injectors from 4.1 to 4.2?

Rich
No.

SHOnUup

Quote from: bpd1151 on May 31, 2015, 08:19:46 AM
Quote from: SHOnUup on May 31, 2015, 08:11:22 AM

Rich
No.
Thank you sir

Rich

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on May 31, 2015, 08:03:30 AM
I have been having ths intermitent rough idle for quite sometime know,had the car at the dealer last week where a buddy of mine works at,checked the car pretty thoroughly for any vacuum leaks,used the Ford IDS software to monitor and check for any misfires,fuel system and everything was fine,he mentioned that the 13+SHO have a common problem with a faulty injector as many of you are aware of,due to the holiday weekend wasnt able to check the injectors by putting a borescope in the engine and cranking the car over,the faulty injectors tend to leak even when the car is not firing,something to keep in mind is that a bad injector cannot be diagnosed with software,will keep you updated on the situation.thanks  Z
Bummer to hear of a possible issue here Z...but you seem to have found a diamond in the rough with your service guys. Lucky you.

Rich
Thanks Rich,been very fortunate to acquire such a cool dealer,all the diagnostic work and oil change for free(bring my own oil and filter)of course,and who doesnt like beer,LOL. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

The faulty injectors tend to leak even when the car is not firing,something to keep in mind is that a bad injector cannot be diagnosed with software or sct programmers,will keep you updated.thanks  Z
Good luck, Z, you may be one of the first to catch this troublemaker preemptively!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on May 31, 2015, 09:18:50 AM
The faulty injectors tend to leak even when the car is not firing,something to keep in mind is that a bad injector cannot be diagnosed with software or sct programmers,will keep you updated.thanks  Z
Good luck, Z, you may be one of the first to catch this troublemaker preemptively!
Thanks -MANU,have been fortunate in many aspects,but truely the best experience is learning something new in life everyday,but yet the enlightenment from knowledgeable people like yourself and others makes this forum that more engaging. Z

ZSHO

I have been having this very intermitent gunk noise coming from the rear for the past couple of months,thought it was the rear sun shade hitting the rear glass but unfortunetly it wasnt the case,noticed recently the rear noise only sounds if the car has less than half a tank of gas,had the car at the dealer a whle ago and they checked the rear suspension and all was fine,couldnt produce the sound,maybe now will try leaving the car close to empty to see if it will emit the sound when visiting the dealer.  Z

SHOdded

Nothing loose in the trunk, Z?  Sometimes a jack or spare tire kit is not fastened fully.  Also did the fuel pump recall affect your SHO?

ZSHO

quote author=SHOdded link=topic=463.msg77106#msg77106 date=1433340563]
Nothing loose in the trunk, Z?  Sometimes a jack or spare tire kit is not fastened fully.  Also did the fuel pump recall affect your SHO?
[/quote]No recall for me,and checked the trunk and the inflator kit was never removed and is on real tight,sounds like its coming from the gas tank,right underneath the drivers rear seat,nothing worse than a intermitent noise. Z

SHOdded

Aside from the 1/2 tank, any other specific circumstances that generate this clunk?  Possibly fuel pump starting to quit, hope it's not the straps.