• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wasinger3000

Started the sho for the first time in 16 days. :) 

Also I remote started the car with my phone but left the fob in the cup holder and when I open the door this countdown timer popped up in the screen and started beeping faster and faster as the numbers counted down saying car alarm will activate. Hah. Curious as I was I let it get to zero, it shut the car off and started the alarm. It wouldn't shut off either. I pushed the lock button on the fob, pressed the brake and start button, only thing that stopped it was pressing the lock button on the phone app.

It was an exciting experience to say the least haha.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

SHOdded

Hopefully you did it in a quiet residential area or in a hospital zone ;)  I guess it's a safety feature that the originating device has to shut off the alarm?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

wasinger3000

I think so, what ever started the car is the only one that can deactivate it. Which is good because if someone stole the fob I could keep them from driving off with my car.

I know it's possible to recreate the same signal the fob produces and allow someone to steal the car but I think it would take them a little while. That and it's not exactly worth all that trouble haha.

I'll do it again and take a pic of it.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

SHOnUup

Quote from: wasinger3000 on April 25, 2015, 09:02:29 PM
Started the sho for the first time in 16 days. :) 

Also I remote started the car with my phone but left the fob in the cup holder and when I open the door this countdown timer popped up in the screen and started beeping faster and faster as the numbers counted down saying car alarm will activate. Hah. Curious as I was I let it get to zero, it shut the car off and started the alarm. It wouldn't shut off either. I pushed the lock button on the fob, pressed the brake and start button, only thing that stopped it was pressing the lock button on the phone app.

It was an exciting experience to say the least haha.
Oooh...intense moment for sure. Lol

I can imagine the scramble and array of button pushing that took place...as I'd probably be doing the same scramble.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

panther427

That could be a useful practical joke 😂
2013 SHO

ZSHO

I figure would post a couple of updated work orders related to the front and rear rotors and pads,since Ford always seems to be updating there part #,figured it will help someone from the confusion.Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

wasinger3000

What are some of you guys using as a paint protectant? Also what about a swirl remover that actually works?

I've spent a few hours on forums reading into products but most have mixed opinions, as with everything.

ZSHO

I saw a good article regarding BMW,Mercedes turbocharged vehicles having issues with carbon buildup,wastegate and turbo issues,and adding a few gallons of E85 to give it a little boost,at the sametime activating your built in tuner,pretty cool stuff.Z  http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/10-reasons-the-e60-535i-is-better-than-the-m5-1608323644

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

wasinger3000

Anyone here put a usb charging port in the clove box yet?

panther427

Thought there was one in the center console
2013 SHO

wasinger3000

Quote from: panther427 on May 13, 2015, 04:44:24 PM
Thought there was one in the center console
There is lol. I just don't like wires hanging around so I'd like to put one in the glove box so I could charge stuff inside.

panther427

Ok thought I missed something. It should be a simple addition
2013 SHO

wasinger3000

Looking for an opinion...

Should I try to trade my car for another sho with the color I really want or just keep what I have.

If I did trade I'd want one in the Magnetic color with nav, moonroof, and the driver assist package.

Things keeping me from trading are, I bought my sho with 10k miles so it's still in excillent shape with zero issues and an extended warranty and I have my mods done to it already.

Right now there are some good prices on SHO's so I could make an even trade I think.

PokerMunkee

Sure, go for it.  Life is too short to drive something you don't want.  Does your SHO have any options?

I'm kind of considering trading in my SHO for a 2015 Power Wagon that gets 12MPG on a good day.  But I love my SHO too much.  Trying to figure a way to have both, along with getting the wifey into a new SUV.    Need to win the powerball....
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4