• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on April 20, 2015, 09:15:45 AM
I apologize if this topic was brought up before,just was curious how many miles are you getting with your original pads,rotors,cause changed my front rotors and pads under warranty at 22k,now over the weekend noticed the car is harder to stop,checked rear rotors and felt some uneven groves which leads me to believe its the rears now going,getting a little fustrated,cause car has 23k on her and over 4k was on long unlimited trips,thanks.Z
I was at 33k+ when I traded and the brakes were still good.

wasinger3000

Quote from: panther427 on April 20, 2015, 04:57:29 PM
Why is choosing an oil such a hard thing.

But i do love my local napa store. They carry Amsoil, Redline, Liqui Moly, and Enos syns.
Lucky, I have to order all my oil. Shipping kills if it's not on amazon.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

panther427

Quote from: wasinger3000 on April 20, 2015, 05:05:17 PM

But i do love my local napa store. They carry Amsoil, Redline, Liqui Moly, and Enos syns.

Though im seriously thinking of running Shell T6 0w-40 in the car...
2013 SHO

wasinger3000

Quote from: panther427 on April 20, 2015, 10:00:26 PM

What makes you want to go with T6? It's a good oil but I'd think redline would be just as formidable.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

AJP turbo

Quote from: panther427 on April 20, 2015, 10:00:26 PM

I wouldn't run a 40 weight. You will never get that oil hot enough. You will have increased oil pressure which the turbos are already having a hard time with. Thicker oil will give you increased oil pressure
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

panther427

Not 100% sure yet, but with the technology of the ecoboost motors being very similar to diesel motors the T6 might actually be of better use in our motors.
This is just a thought no proof or anything of that sort, but the diesel oils are designed with a strong cleaning package to reduce or hold soot in suspension.
plus they are designed with a thought to strong sheer resistance and a few other points. Plus its A LOT CHEAPER :)

5 gallon jug is $20 and right now there is a $5 mail in rebate, and 1 quart bottles are $6 to $7 dollars, plus a 8 dollar filter puts you cheaper than the oil change specials for the normal mobil 1, Castrol Edge ect. Considering you still have to buy an extra quart of oil that puts you over $45 dollars usually.

I have no problem running a 0w-40 or 5w-40 in the summer at all. And only limited hesitation in the winter.
2013 SHO

IHeartGroceries

I'll work in SOPUS lubricants one day...
2013 SHO PP

AJP turbo

Quote from: panther427 on April 20, 2015, 10:22:46 PM

I have no problem running a 0w-40 or 5w-40 in the summer at all. And only limited hesitation in the winter.

You wouldn't know a problem if you had one.....You'd have to monitor oil pressure....It wouldn't be anything you could feel. If you were running the car on a road coarse you could potentially get the oil hot enough to thin to get oil pressure back down to stock levels
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOdded

I would compare the MSDS/PDS for both the Motorcraft 5W30 and the T6 xW-40 to see how wide of a gap the differences are (at the very least).  Def don't want those oil passages flowing anything less than freely.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

3 days in sunny Ft. Lauderdale... Saving on sunscreen!  .... At least the food is good, LOL

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ZSHO

Welcome back Tom,hope you had a relaxing and peaceful time,did you miss your SHO.Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Too bad about the rainy days, BiGMaC, but I hope the food did make up for it.  Some of the best & freshest I've had has been in FL.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Quote from: SHOdded on April 23, 2015, 05:28:09 PM
Too bad about the rainy days, BiGMaC, but I hope the food did make up for it.  Some of the best & freshest I've had has been in FL.
Agreed... Eating all local seafood... Cobia with blue crab tonight... Hope there's sun tomorrow or no beach this trip.   

Z...thx, not home yet, & Yes... Can't even enjoy s beach quad or a jet ski with the weather.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

glock-coma

Quote from: BiGMaC on April 23, 2015, 04:58:13 PM
3 days in sunny Ft. Lauderdale... Saving on sunscreen!  .... At least the food is good, LOL

I would take rain any day compared to this...
It's freakin late April...
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

ZSHO

Quote from: glock-coma on April 23, 2015, 09:44:31 PM

Quote from: BiGMaC on April 23, 2015, 04:58:13 PM

I would take rain any day compared to this...
It's freakin late April...
Global warming for you,LOL

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|