• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

glock-coma

I took the SHO to the outer banks last summer from NE OHIO.  It was about 2000 miles round trip. It was nice having all that torque going through West Virginia with a full trunk/back seat. 
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

liteyouup

2013 Explorer Sport
...and on that day, not one #@%$ was given.

wasinger3000

Quote from: ZSHO on April 12, 2015, 06:32:58 PM
I would personally try to disable the meth kit before making a trip like that,just for precautionary measures1)running out of methanol ,2)hot summer months combined with unlimited,extended driving,with extra heat transfer =more strain on engine and especially on the meth kit,3)Bad gas from different states could affect performance,made two 2400 miles trips and felt the overall lack of performance due to the poor quality fuels in some states,and the long term durability and progression of the meth kit to function properly would lead me to be more hesitant on making such a long trip.Z
I'd rather have the meth to protect against super hot boost temps in the mountains and desert. I will be putting alcohol in the fuel to combat the random bad gas but I'll try to get to a shell station on each fill up.

As for the kits durability, I am not concerned at all about it. I have the pump mounted with plenty of shock protection as well as using braided lines.

I'd like to think everything will hold together but there is only one way to find out. ::)
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

ZSHO

I would personally like to take the opportinity to give a big CONGRATS to SHOnUup Rich which ran a 12.42 the other day with a tune from Livernois Motorsports and an intake,and possibly the best time with only a tune and cai,Congrats on a well deserved achievment buddy.Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHO-Time

Quote from: ZSHO on April 15, 2015, 10:50:36 AM
I would personally like to take the opportinity to give a big CONGRATS to SHOnUup Rich which ran a 12.42 the other day with a tune from Livernois Motorsports and an intake,and possibly the best time with only a tune and cai,Congrats on a well deserved achievment buddy.Z

That is quite impressive...perhaps a little bit of a factory freak going on. What track was this accomplished at?
2015 Chevy SS Perfect Blue / LMT Tuned (390 RWHP / 388 RWTQ)
2013 White Platinum Tri-Coat SHO (Non-PP) *SOLD*

SHOnUup

You're too kind my friend!

The congrats is greatly appreciated, as I'm just trying to perfect my visits to the track each time I go.

Without the help and wealth of knowledge from you guys on the forums, I'd be lost. So this is a time we should all be proud of for the platform.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

Quote from: SHO-Time on April 15, 2015, 11:13:02 AM

That is quite impressive...perhaps a little bit of a factory freak going on. What track was this accomplished at?
Milan dragway was the venue...DA was 650ish at time of the 12.4211

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

Quote from: SHO-Time on April 15, 2015, 11:13:02 AM

And thanks also...car was built on a Wednesday 2 days after Valentines day, so I think there may be a little extra love in this one.

Rich

IHeartGroceries

That's a very impressive time! Wow.

Congrats! Car must really feel good.
That sucker scoots.
2013 SHO PP

Wilson

Damn that's an amazing run, congrats! Can't wait to see what meth and downpipes will do. 11 sec club possibly.
2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

Airbornemaikai

Awesome stuff, grats. I'd love to run anywhere with a da lower than the average 3500 I have here
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

SHOnUup

Thanks guys. I took 3 CAI'S on this day. All had best times within .02 of each other. Write up in the works.

Here's a video I found of the day on YouTube. I run right at the 2 minute mark and a little into the 25th minute. 60' times were 1.77 on the stock RSA'S.

https://youtu.be/bvBl1ab1H9o

Rich

ZSHO

I was planning a trip to the track this week and unfortunetly today while backing out of my driveway heard a clunk sound coming from the rear of the car which didnt sound good,checked both rear shocks and they seem fine,called my service advisor and said to bring it in tommorrow am,well see what happens,lifes unexpected obstacles sometimes have a meaning behind it.Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

panther427

Batteries and motor oil are making my head spin.
2013 SHO

SHOnUup

Quote from: ZSHO on April 16, 2015, 09:57:20 PM
I was planning a trip to the track this week and unfortunetly today while backing out of my driveway heard a clunk sound coming from the rear of the car which didnt sound good,checked both rear shocks and they seem fine,called my service advisor and said to bring it in tommorrow am,well see what happens,lifes unexpected obstacles sometimes have a meaning behind it.Z
You seem to be in great hands with your dealer. Bet whatever it is, they take care of ya.

Rich