• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 05, 2015, 09:46:17 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on April 05, 2015, 09:43:33 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 05, 2015, 09:36:28 PM
So I noticed the valve covers on my 15 are composite...
Weight-saving or new design, do you think?
I assume both....
they are the updated version which look really cool,but unfortunetly they are heavier than the aluminuim valve covers.Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FoMoCoSHO

southtxSHO

https://youtu.be/VBs5-44dTx8
Wonder if something like this would look good on the sho .
2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes
12.89@ 105 MPH best time @ Edinburg Raceway

ZSHO

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 05, 2015, 11:01:35 PM
So what is the point then?
My intent was only to show the weight factor,appologize for intefering,chiming in.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Quote from: ZSHO on April 06, 2015, 07:32:17 AM
My intent was only to show the weight factor,appologize for intefering,chiming in.
I think he meant what was the point of the composite covers?  Why couldn't they have stuck with aluminum?  Maybe it was cheaper to get these mfr'd for the TSB's, then propagate to production.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on April 06, 2015, 07:50:57 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on April 06, 2015, 07:32:17 AM
I think he meant what was the point of the composite covers?  Why couldn't they have stuck with aluminum?  Maybe it was cheaper to get these mfr'd for the TSB's, then propagate to production.
Correct, just trying to figure out the reasoning behind the change....

ZSHO

This (context)gets to be confusing to me sometimes,based from my experience last fall with a rear leaking valve cover,that updated valve cover in the pic was ordered for me from the dealer and did not install cause had to purchase the matching front valve cover out of pocket,but as stated from the service advisor the new updated ones are heavier but really look nice though,but as mentioned cost production,ITS ALL GOOD.Z

SHOdded

:) :thumb:  would be nice to compare old and new side by side.  Z, does your SA have both available by any chance?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on April 06, 2015, 08:24:12 AM
:) :thumb:  would be nice to compare old and new side by side.  Z, does your SA have both available by any chance?
I can definitely try to obtain a pic for you SHOdded,just give me a little time.Z

PokerMunkee

Put on my summer tires and noticed driver rear shock had a brown oil substance lightly coating the middle area.  Didn't notice any of the others with this issue.  I cleaned it up and will check back in a few days.

Think shock is a gonner?  Anyone else dealt with this?

2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

PokerMunkee

A quick search shows many others have same issue.  Great.  Don't have time to take it to dealer, traveling for 8 days next week. Will be at least 2 weeks until I can get it.

My tune and Corsa will wait some more.  I'll put in new plugs and t-stat but don't want to tune it until I get the shock, hopefully both, replaced. 

There sill no aftermarket shocks?
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

wasinger3000

I'd like an after mart shock as well as mine is leaking too. I'll look into it.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

SHOnUup

Quote from: PokerMunkee on April 06, 2015, 12:09:42 PM
Put on my summer tires and noticed driver rear shock had a brown oil substance lightly coating the middle area.  Didn't notice any of the others with this issue.  I cleaned it up and will check back in a few days.

Think shock is a gonner?  Anyone else dealt with this?
Yes, my rear passenger shock is blown out at this moment. Dealer was going to fix it under warranty but didn't ship all necessary parts. After the mechanic explained to me how my PTU was setup (completely wrong), I said don't touch my car again and will wait to put the coilovers on.

I wonder if Megan would sell just the shock portion for the rear?

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

To add to that^^^^

Was going to be a $107 charge to replace. I asked how much the shock would cost...$270. I chuckled a little and said I got upgraded springs and the shock for that corner cheaper.

Oh that look...the one of, I just don't know what to say. Many times I saw that look on the visit.
A bit terrifying knowing they were working on my car.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

PokerMunkee

^^ lol

I'd just replace myself if a better alternative was available.

Here is email from my service advisor:
MR HARRIS, I AM GLAD TO HELP YOU, BUT I AM FULL-UP THIS WEEK.  PLZ CALL WHEN YOU RETURN FROM YOU TRIP AND WE'LL GO FROM THERE.  SOME SEEPAGE/SWEAT IS CONSIDERED NORMAL.  IF THE SHOCK IS WET, THEN FORD WILL REPLACE THEM.  THEY WILL ONLY REPLACE THE ONE THAT IS ACTIVELY MALFUNCTIONING, UNDER THE WARRANTY.  THANK YOU, PAUL

Meh.  I'll monitor it and get it replaced next month.
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4