• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IHeartGroceries

Quote from: SHOnUup on April 02, 2015, 09:18:04 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on April 02, 2015, 09:09:49 AM
Hopefully the summer blend gas will help or cure some of the issues,think the changeover is around May 1st i believe.Z
Yes, I think the refineries switch over May 1st, expect a 2-4 week delay before it gets to the pumps. Makes it only 5 months of the year for the good stuff...:(

Rich

Here's the details on that...

The refineries begin switching over well before May 1st. And bulk shipment via pipeline of reduced RVP product begins as early as mid to late March. By federal law, the bulk storage at the fuel depots/distribution terminals must be fully turned by May 1st. The requirenent varies by region, according to state and even municipal mandate. Federal reg requires 9 pound at the retail level by June 1. This means retail conversion deadline is June 1. By state or local mandate, and typically in urban areas, the requirement by June 1 may be 7.8 pound, 7.0 pound, or other.

I'm in the process of turning tanks now. It's rather annoying and heavily scrutinized by HQ. It actually takes careful planning, where to put product, how much and when. Getting marketing to play with prices to get the stuff out of here. Low throughput plays hell. It can be tricky sometimes. The design of the tank weighs in, floating suction and such. The size of the tank. Tanks which aren't converted by May 1 face seasonal lockout, which is of course a very costly occurrence. But it's seldom an issue in the end.

But, what this all means for you is that you're almost certainly filling with "summer" gas already. Or, at least a nice blend of it. By early May or even late April, you'll be filling with pure summer gas. 7 to 9 pounder.
2013 SHO PP

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: wasinger3000 on April 02, 2015, 11:06:42 AM
Need to win the lotto so I can have a tank of 116 under my garage.
Still wont give You the effective octane as direct injected corn/wood.

I'd have a custom pump/cam made and tank of corn installed on my compound with the 1/4 mile and small road course. Everyone would be invited.

Of course we're taking Powerball.....lol

wasinger3000

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 02, 2015, 12:54:19 PM
Quote from: wasinger3000 on April 02, 2015, 11:06:42 AM
Need to win the lotto so I can have a tank of 116 under my garage.
Still wont give You the effective octane as direct injected corn/wood.

I'd have a custom pump/cam made and tank of corn installed on my compound with the 1/4 mile and small road course. Everyone would be invited.

Of course we're taking Powerball.....lol
Hah. I want something to fill the gap between when meth isn't being sprayed. I suppose I could just mix meth with my fuel at each fill.

I'm on a anti-knock campaign.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

ZSHO

I guess with all the topics about changing trans,ptu,fluids makes you a little bit more skeptical where to have this performed.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-avpx8UTakI

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Interesting!  Saw a Gen 4.1 Taurus in there BTW :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on April 02, 2015, 12:18:01 PM
Quote from: SHOnUup on April 02, 2015, 09:18:04 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on April 02, 2015, 09:09:49 AM
Hopefully the summer blend gas will help or cure some of the issues,think the changeover is around May 1st i believe.Z
Yes, I think the refineries switch over May 1st, expect a 2-4 week delay before it gets to the pumps. Makes it only 5 months of the year for the good stuff...:(

Rich

Here's the details on that...

The refineries begin switching over well before May 1st. And bulk shipment via pipeline of reduced RVP product begins as early as mid to late March. By federal law, the bulk storage at the fuel depots/distribution terminals must be fully turned by May 1st. The requirenent varies by region, according to state and even municipal mandate. Federal reg requires 9 pound at the retail level by June 1. This means retail conversion deadline is June 1. By state or local mandate, and typically in urban areas, the requirement by June 1 may be 7.8 pound, 7.0 pound, or other.

I'm in the process of turning tanks now. It's rather annoying and heavily scrutinized by HQ. It actually takes careful planning, where to put product, how much and when. Getting marketing to play with prices to get the stuff out of here. Low throughput plays hell. It can be tricky sometimes. The design of the tank weighs in, floating suction and such. The size of the tank. Tanks which aren't converted by May 1 face seasonal lockout, which is of course a very costly occurrence. But it's seldom an issue in the end.

But, what this all means for you is that you're almost certainly filling with "summer" gas already. Or, at least a nice blend of it. By early May or even late April, you'll be filling with pure summer gas. 7 to 9 pounder.
Appreciate the info my guru of gasoline ;)

I just read an article stating this exact stuff. It also mentioned California getting it earlier and for a longer stay, with no dates given though.

Rich
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

IHeartGroceries

Yeah, I believe California is quite a bit more stringent, surprise surprise. Glad I'm not an operator in California. Heh heh.
I have found the marketing and environmental side of this business to most interesting. I'm still learning all of the time. But I have a rather indirect role in both, so I'm forced to learn...indirectly. :)
2013 SHO PP

SHOnUup

The indirect learning and ever changing language used leads me to believe it may be strategy...you know, that political jargon. Makes me slightly sick think about

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

BiGMaC

Happy Easter!

_    _
        /`  /`/
        / V //
         /6  6
        (= Y =)
        /`" ^"`
       /  /     
      (_/ .' ' .\_)
        / ;    ; o
  ___  '-. -' /___
(((____/ ^ \____)))

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Here's to bunnies, chocolate, and EASTER!!!  :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

So I noticed the valve covers on my 15 are composite...

SHOdded

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 05, 2015, 09:36:28 PM
Weight-saving or new design, do you think?

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on April 05, 2015, 09:43:33 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 05, 2015, 09:36:28 PM
Weight-saving or new design, do you think?
I assume both....

ZSHO

FoMoCoSHO do these look familiar to you?

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

PokerMunkee

Hmm.  I want those!

Taking off winter wheels tomorrow,  can't wait to be back on a real tire and wheel again.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4