• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wasinger3000

Quote from: SHOnUup on February 16, 2015, 11:15:37 AM
Quote from: wasinger3000 on February 16, 2015, 11:11:05 AM
That would be nice to see. This latest engine version seems to be a lot more stable than the 13 we had. So once we get a few miles on it I think I'll see what kinds numbers it will make. Interested to see how the auto 4wd setting will handle a boosted launch.
From what I hear...SCT will have capabilities to tune these by end of March?

Rich
A lot of places are already working on a tune for it. I'm not sure how many miles I should have on it before it gets tuned. At least 2000 or maybe the first oil change.  Still under 500 miles :o Just a baby.

I'll ask torrie to look into it next time I send him a datalog.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

SHOnUup

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

Hey now!  A lot of my fav fruits & veggies come from the sunshine state  :hsugh:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Quote from: SHOdded on February 16, 2015, 05:39:46 PM
Hey now!  A lot of my fav fruits & veggies come from the sunshine state  :hsugh:
Only 1 day...lol

They will be stuck inside all summer hiding from hurricanes and humidity. I do believe people in warmer states live longer too...hmmm

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

SHOdded

Auto industry = WAY behind the times.  I see demand for pre-1980 cars exploding ;)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I had an appt at the dealer yesterday for another free oil change,but at the end my service advisor which is a buddy of mine informs me that they performed the repair/inspection of the rear door handle and all was good,the point i'm trying to make is you never know what the dealer is going to change or look at while your waiting in the shadows,so put it back to stock!!!!

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

Car is currently in stock mode. Going in for accident repair. Honda, Acura, Kia dealer....hmmmm what rental?

Rich

SHOdded

Quote from: ZSHO on February 19, 2015, 07:26:41 AM
you never know what the dealer is going to change or look at while your waiting in the shadows,so put it back to stock!!!!
Nice to have a dealer with the old-time bedside manner!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on February 19, 2015, 07:41:11 AM
Car is currently in stock mode. Going in for accident repair. Honda, Acura, Kia dealer....hmmmm what rental?

Rich
The last loaner the dealer gave me was anew MKZ,which was nice but everything was push button,no shifter,the Kia OPTIMA is cool if they approve it,best of luck for a quick and quality repair buddy.  http://images.autotrader.com/scaler/620/420/cms/images/auto-show/2013/new-york/2014-kia-optima/205722.jpg

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

wasinger3000

Rich
Get the kia optima SX turbo. Or one of the Acura's that are more sport related. If you can..
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

SHOnUup

Quote from: ZSHO on February 19, 2015, 08:25:30 AM

Rich
The last loaner the dealer gave me was anew MKZ,which was nice but everything was push button,no shifter,the Kia OPTIMA is cool if they approve it,best of luck for a quick and quality repair buddy.  http://images.autotrader.com/scaler/620/420/cms/images/auto-show/2013/new-york/2014-kia-optima/205722.jpg
Thanks

Rich

SHOnUup

Quote from: wasinger3000 on February 19, 2015, 09:48:28 AM

Rich
Get the kia optima SX turbo. Or one of the Acura's that are more sport related. If you can..
Will look into these also.

Sent the wife with a list of "demands" so I could unload tools, garbage day, and pick up garage some.

She just called and said cx-7 I think...came down to just telling her AWD is a must for the weather.

Rich

SHOdded

wasinger3000

Quote from: SHOnUup on February 19, 2015, 10:07:15 AM
Quote from: wasinger3000 on February 19, 2015, 09:48:28 AM

Rich
Will look into these also.

Sent the wife with a list of "demands" so I could unload tools, garbage day, and pick up garage some.

She just called and said cx-7 I think...came down to just telling her AWD is a must for the weather.

Rich
I kinda assumed they would just give you what ever they had used laying around. That's how it always is. At least it would be cool to try out the new kia Sorento awd.