• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

wasinger3000

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

SHOdded

Yeah, hopefully the smell is not as deceptive as the sight of it!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

IHeartGroceries

Quote from: Larrylu on February 09, 2015, 11:00:39 AM
Very interesting and educational. I'm thinking this is playing a part in my ongoing KR spike issue.  Thanks again for the tip!
Except that apparently the 3.5 EB does not follow this same method of control logic, which I'd understood as being universal.

It has been a topic here before. Instead, it appears that the EB ECU only operates in open loop, ignoring sensor feedback only in cold start operation, or perhaps in the event of failure or failsafe. Under load/acceleration, the EB continues to fuel based on sensor loopback data, or closed loop. Pretty unorthodox.

I saw you mention some KR issues in another post. KR can ghost on you quite a bit, as it can at all times register normal engine noises or rattles in the same range of frequency as real knock. Or, it could be minor detonation under light loads, as a result of a method of maximizing efficiency by advancing ignition timing to extreme levels. Either way, many engine tuners ignore it, so long as it isn't occurring at the onset or during high load situations.
2013 SHO PP

Larrylu

Thanks that's good to know. I was assuming from my general reading/studying up, that if given enough throttle, it would revert to open loop. If that's not the case, IDK. I'm  tempted to retire the KR gauge as it takes up a fair chunk of my valuable tablet screen. Trying to figure out what is going on, been driving me crazy for months. I wonder if removing the engine cover (which I did) could promote general engine noise, as it does provide a pretty thick layer of sound deadener.........
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

IHeartGroceries

Quote from: Larrylu on February 09, 2015, 07:15:07 PM
Thanks that's good to know. I was assuming from my general reading/studying up, that if given enough throttle, it would revert to open loop. If that's not the case, IDK. I'm  tempted to retire the KR gauge as it takes up a fair chunk of my valuable tablet screen. Trying to figure out what is going on, been driving me crazy for months. I wonder if removing the engine cover (which I did) could promote general engine noise, as it does provide a pretty thick layer of sound deadener.........
Yes, that is because that is literally how control logic works in every other automobile. It seems wreckless and implausible. I'd never heard of WOT closed loop control, and while I still have yet to verify this claim on my own (lazy, right), there have been several owners here who've confirmed it.
I'd still love to hear some facts on this.
2013 SHO PP

Larrylu

Well an easy way to confirm would be to set up a "loop" gauge. Ecoboostsho mentioned there was that capability in Torque Pro. A quick WOT would confirm open or closed loop. 
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

ZSHO

Is it me only but havent noticed any outside vendors as of late.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Definitely been quiet, but for the Z2S guys.

southtxSHO

Ran the sho tonight and compared tunes ..... will be posting results later
2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes
12.89@ 105 MPH best time @ Edinburg Raceway

Wilson

Quote from: southtxSHO on February 12, 2015, 01:44:41 AM
Ran the sho tonight and compared tunes ..... will be posting results later

Looking forward to this
2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

wasinger3000

So who here can give a rough guess on how much a tune and meth will drop the 0-60 time on a 15' F150 3.5?

The 13's do it in 6.5s and the 15' does it in 5.8s. I'd like to think I could get it down to 4.8 so I could beat up on Jeep SRT's. :)
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

SHOdded

I do believe the MKS can drop a second or more with just a 93 tune.  So at least a second with t+m for the f.

wasinger3000

That would be nice to see. This latest engine version seems to be a lot more stable than the 13 we had. So once we get a few miles on it I think I'll see what kinds numbers it will make. Interested to see how the auto 4wd setting will handle a boosted launch.

SHOnUup

Quote from: wasinger3000 on February 16, 2015, 11:11:05 AM
That would be nice to see. This latest engine version seems to be a lot more stable than the 13 we had. So once we get a few miles on it I think I'll see what kinds numbers it will make. Interested to see how the auto 4wd setting will handle a boosted launch.
From what I hear...SCT will have capabilities to tune these by end of March?

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.