• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Quote from: Wilson on January 30, 2015, 04:02:12 PM
Quote from: wasinger3000 on January 30, 2015, 10:04:48 AM
Well then.... not sure if I like it over my beloved E63 S AMG but... it looks good and I'd probably drive one. Maybe.... idk. Can't bring myself to the GM side that easy.. http://m.caranddriver.com/features/2016-cadillac-cts-v-in-depth-with-the-four-door-corvette-feature

I'm trying to stay true to Ford, but that new CTS V might be enough to pull me to the dark side. It's either keep the SHO and pickup a 13/14 Shelby or trade in the SHO and roll a CTS V for both work and play. Waiting to see what the pricing of the Caddy is going to be.
The V is a great car (albeit not as comfortable as the SHO IMHO)...BUT if you can get a real Shelby... especially with Caroll just dying... sweet!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

wasinger3000

Yeah..... not sure if any US made car is worth 85k. Only exception being the Ford GT.

Maybe a used E63 would be my choice over the CTS. AWD will always win in my book.

That and a twin turbo handcrafted 5.5L is far more attractive than a supercharged GM motor.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

s1krr

My brother has a 09 c63 amg and that thing is wild. Def a looker as well

wasinger3000

Quote from: s1krr on January 30, 2015, 05:28:44 PM
My brother has a 09 c63 amg and that thing is wild. Def a looker as well
I like the c63 as well but it's a different animal compared to the E63 S. 0-60 in 3.7 without brake boosting.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

Wilson

Damn, 85k?  Yeah that's a little strong.  For that price I'd much rather have an E63 over the V.  Can't believe they went up 20k on the price since the last version.
2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

wasinger3000

SHOnUup

Tesla does the 1/4 in high 11's right?

Wonder what type of mods are available because it looks like top end gets shafted a bit with that great 0-60.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

PokerMunkee

Got a 2015 Suburban LT 4X4 for a rental car.  Damn, I love this thing!  So big and comfty.  Rides like a Cadillac compared to the 2007 Durango.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

SHOnUup

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

mval

wash:
They had a couple of them at our car show. Looked really well made, just a might plain of course with no engine & them not showing the batteries could account for it. but it's an amazing car that's for sure. nothing i'd buy as i like some noise from my car, but is for sure the future.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

SHOdded

Started a trial run with Lubegard Fuel Booster in the Edge today.  Anyone here give it a go yet?

Airbornemaikai

All white but still the Odd man out, but there are some eco boosted vehicles in there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

wasinger3000

Cool story, also cool they gave him a taurus but i would of thought they would give him an awd version because of the snow... Unless i missed the awd badge. http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/28045659/man-who-walks-21-miles-to-work-surprised-with-new-car