• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wasinger3000

Quote from: SHOnUup on January 12, 2015, 11:17:53 AM
Quote from: wasinger3000 on January 12, 2015, 11:12:48 AM
Quote from: SHOnUup on January 12, 2015, 10:03:53 AM
http://jalopnik.com/ford-gt-this-is-it-1678893649?rev=1421073124631

Newest member of the ecoboost platform!!!

Rich
That's awsome! Now all we need are more aftermarket parts. Like a HPFP!!! This could be good.
Those were my first thoughts..."what can we scavenge from this thing"...lol

Rich
Can't wait till torrie gets his hands on one.

This thing is going to destroy the vet/viper world.

Wonder what it would cost for the motor out of one..
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

wasinger3000

"The GT is one of more than 12 new Ford Performance vehicles coming by 2020. It joins Focus RS, F-150 Raptor, Shelby GT350 and Shelby GT350R in the growing Ford Performance lineup."

If the RS is as nice as it sounds I think it will be my next car.

" The GT features an all-new, port/direct dual fuel-injection setup to improve engine response, plus a low-friction roller-finger-follower valvetrain. The twin-turbocharged EcoBoost V6 will be paired with a seven-speed dual-clutch transaxle for near-instantaneous gear changes and exceptional driver control."
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

SHOdded

Sounds like a Euro-challenger for sure.  A true DCT will hopefully filter on down to "lower"-end vehicles soon!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

wasinger3000

Anyone know how many current Gen SHO's have been built?

PokerMunkee

Nope, but have you got your car to a 1/4 track yet???
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

IHeartGroceries

I'm in need of a new propane grill. Looking at Weber, but it'd be great to spend a little less and still get a solid grill. So, I have also considered DynaGlo, which seem to be well made and decently reviewed. And cheaper of course.
Anybody have any input?
2013 SHO PP

SHOnUup

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on January 16, 2015, 08:21:17 PM
I'm in need of a new propane grill. Looking at Weber, but it'd be great to spend a little less and still get a solid grill. So, I have also considered DynaGlo, which seem to be well made and decently reviewed. And cheaper of course.
Anybody have any input?
If you do go with a cheaper grille, check for replacement parts. Sometimes they're outrageous, or can't be found. Weber is great, I've seen many old ones working great. Our main grille is a mid-grade Char-Broil that isn't very good. Uneven heat and frame twists easy making the doors tight.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

wasinger3000

Quote from: PokerMunkee on January 16, 2015, 04:50:44 PM
Nope, but have you got your car to a 1/4 track yet???
I'm going to in march when the track opens. Might haul it there with the new truck too.

You ever get your exhaust put on?

BiGMaC

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on January 16, 2015, 08:21:17 PM
Anybody have any input?

I have had two Weber gas grills in the last 20 years... both still like new (son has the older one now)... We cook out a lot (2-4x/week) so we really use them!... like even now clear blue skies and 75 degrees They cook great and Home Depot stocks all the parts.  I have owned a couple of high end grills that cost 2-4x as much, but compared to the Weber they're fertilizer!  I'll never own another brand.

My $0.02

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

wasinger3000

haha... this is going to be every Hellcat driver at every stop light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421782837&v=kG6veF_34QE&x-yt-cl=84359240

IHeartGroceries

Silent, but deadly Tesla. That's fast for an electric job.
2013 SHO PP

SHOnUup

Quote from: wasinger3000 on January 20, 2015, 10:06:49 PM
haha... this is going to be ever Hellcat driver at every stop light.

Same thing I thought...lol

There's a video of a stock one losing the driveshaft at launch too.

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

wasinger3000

Quote from: SHOnUup on January 20, 2015, 10:45:42 PM
Quote from: wasinger3000 on January 20, 2015, 10:06:49 PM
haha... this is going to be ever Hellcat driver at every stop light.

Same thing I thought...lol

There's a video of a stock one losing the driveshaft at launch too.

Rich
Granted the guy driving is an idiot.. just think of how many more idiots will take these out and crash them. All it takes is one punch to the floor when trying to pass a car and you are done.

I'm not worried about beating one from a stop. They will take some decent skill to hook at a stop light.

SHOnUup

I'm with ya...700 HP to anyone over 16 that can afford it. Almost sounds criminal.

Rich