• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Tuning without voiding warranty is possible... Not as hot, but you decide.  From Ford Racing:
http://blog.caranddriver.com/the-boost-is-on-ford-racing-offering-ecoboost-reflashes-that-wont-kill-your-warranty/

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ZSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on December 24, 2014, 11:03:31 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on December 18, 2014, 10:16:58 PM
I wanted a pair of upgraded turbos for christmas,but prefer this set. http://thethrottle.thechive.com/2014/12/15/more-than-2-wheels-for-your-holiday-4-photos/ Happy holidays.

Sweet turbos there for sure!, but the red cloth support system won't go with my color scheme  :P
Cant beat these turbo's,MERRY CHRISTMAS TOM.https://chivethethrottle.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/c-mas-girl-550-3.jpg?w=1116&h=1110

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BiGMaC

。 ° · 。 · ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛
。° 。 ° 。˚ ˛ · ˚ ˚ ˛
MERRY 。 · ˚ ˚ ˛
CHRISTMAS 。 。°
_Π__ 。 ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛
/_____/ \。˚ ˚ ˛ ˚
l田田田 |門| ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ ·

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all!

Wife's birthday is today... all the kids and significant others arriving now for that and staying through Christmas... so you get a break from me for a couple of days!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Many happy returns of the day to the CIC, BiGMaC, and happy holidays to our membership :thumb:  def take the time to take it slow ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on December 24, 2014, 01:49:56 PM
。 ° · 。 · ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛
。° 。 ° 。˚ ˛ · ˚ ˚ ˛
MERRY 。 · ˚ ˚ ˛
CHRISTMAS 。 。°
_Π__ 。 ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛
/_____/ \。˚ ˚ ˛ ˚
l田田田 |門| ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ ·

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all!

Wife's birthday is today... all the kids and significant others arriving now for that and staying through Christmas... so you get a break from me for a couple of days!
Happy birthday to the Misses,and wishing you and yours a Merry joyful Christmas. :bday:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

I dropped of my car at the dealer for the updated valve cover gaskets and updated pvc system,have good relations there so they supplied me with a nice new MKZ,must admit to all the MKZ members here that the car really impressed me with its featues like no shift handle,everything is push button,and the large moonroof.

SHOdded

Got to try out the "competition" :D  Great way to do it!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Installed the new updated valve cover and updated crankcase vent oil separator,found oil in accumulation in left hand valve cover baffle,stated by tech the new parts will slightly help any oil migrating similar to a catch can.

SHOdded

PokerMunkee

Me and the SHO are tired of winter already.

2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

SHOdded

Still looking great though!  Nice thermal impressions on the hood there :)

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on January 02, 2015, 01:16:14 AM
Still looking great though!  Nice thermal impressions on the hood there :)
You see the heat generating through the rear of the hood making the snow melt,on Monkees car,same also for SHOnUup a while back,so there is more heat generated in the rear of the engine.

ZSHO

I am curious to see on the XSPORT if the snow melts while the car is running on the rear of the hood,same as the SHO does,cause there is a couple of conclusions pertaining to the heat of the engine generating more twards the rear of the engine,magority of the SHO the rear valve cover need replacing than the front,on the XSPORT its more common for the front valve cover to need replacing than the rear,if also someone with an XSPORT can produce a pic for us,to determine that theory,correct me if i am wrong,thanks.

Airbornemaikai

I can try. Problem is I park inside my garage and it's so freaking cold outside (4°) I'm not really one to stand outside and look at my warm car lol. If the right scenario presents itself, I will snap a pic and post it up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

panther427

Couple thoughts. Heat rises. Back of the hood gis taller. More insulation on the middle of the hood
2013 SHO