• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

panther427

Has anyone checked to see how hot our turbos are after a run to say 140. I'm sure there is some color to them.  I've never had a problem with an Audi Turbo motor using synthetic oil
2013 SHO

wasinger3000

Quote from: panther427 on October 08, 2014, 01:57:46 PM
Has anyone checked to see how hot our turbos are after a run to say 140. I'm sure there is some color to them.  I've never had a problem with an Audi Turbo motor using synthetic oil
I'll check on Friday. I'll do a before and after temp with pictures.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

wasinger3000

Has anyone ever used the tire sealer that comes in the PP kit?
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

SHOdded

Quote from: wasinger3000 on October 08, 2014, 01:59:09 PM
With or without the engine cover?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

wasinger3000

Quote from: SHOdded on October 08, 2014, 03:13:16 PM
Quote from: wasinger3000 on October 08, 2014, 01:59:09 PM
With or without the engine cover?
I'd prefer to do this once so I'll do it with the cover on for max heat.

panther427

I had an 1992 Audi s4 that had from the factory an external waste gate, engine oil cooler and water cooled Turbo.  It took a very high speed run over 20 miles.  It was glowing nicely when that run was done. Turbos when used do get to glowing to some degree rather quickly. Same with brake rotors.  It's a fun trick to do the night before you change pads and rotors 5 or 6 80 to 0mph runs then hop out and take a look
2013 SHO

ZSHO

I apologize if this was mentioned in the past,anyone consider painting the bottom skirt the same color of the car,best of my knowledge they have to use a special flex-all paint made for plastic,rubber,plexiglass,to hold up better and give our cars a bolder and fuller appearance especially the side and rear skirt to make it look more color coordinated.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

wasinger3000

SHOdded

So now Torque can tell when you are doing a wheelie?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Quote from: SHOdded on October 17, 2014, 11:36:54 PM
Wheelies....haha

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

PokerMunkee

How does that work?  Can you toggle it with the rpm/fuel screens? 

Which dealer enabled it for you?

I'm jelly!
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

wasinger3000

Quote from: SHOdded on October 17, 2014, 11:36:54 PM
Hah. I was surprised how much of the power it actually puts to the rear on a lunch after watching it for awhile.
Quote from: PokerMunkee on October 18, 2014, 12:51:53 AM
How does that work?  Can you toggle it with the rpm/fuel screens? 

Which dealer enabled it for you?

I'm jelly!
Yeah its just one click after the rpm gauge. I really like it. Just I wish it was like the edge where it shows each individual wheel. None the less it's cool to know what it's actually doing.

wasinger3000

Turned on the engine hours too.

wasinger3000

Airbornemaikai

Quote from: ZSHO on October 17, 2014, 10:12:54 PM
I apologize if this was mentioned in the past,anyone consider painting the bottom skirt the same color of the car,best of my knowledge they have to use a special flex-all paint made for plastic,rubber,plexiglass,to hold up better and give our cars a bolder and fuller appearance especially the side and rear skirt to make it look more color coordinated.
Here's a link to a thread of a guy who did this on his Explorer. Maybe he could give you some more insight on this if you can get in touch with him
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=406649
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260