• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJE624

Alright!  Got the steering wheel emblem overlay off and cleaned up the adhesive.  Looks like new.  Waxed the front emblem from trying out the overlay.  Check.  The only thing not stock from factory on the exterior is the hub overlays.  They look great.  No mods to the interior other than my IPASS.  Clean slate.   

geswek

You know what it's like to have your teeth hurt -- by light, air, breathing, cold, hot. I'm not talking about a tooth ache! I'm talking about straight bleach/peroxide gel soaking that is what they call "Teeth Whitening".

It's not so much fun, but damn if it ain't worth it! I'm on day 3 and I already see a HUGE difference -- coming from guy who smoked like freight train and had yellow teeth.

tdmsu

Geswek - sorry to hear your teeth hurt, but its encouraging that you like the whitening.
My teeth have hurt ever since 7th grade when I got braces. That experience has made me an anti-dentite for sure!  That first orthodontist really was a sadist - he would ask if my teeth hurt after the monthly tightening, and when I would say yes (he saw me white knuckling the chair)... He would always say "good."   I now use toothpaste with a sensitivity ingredient- it helps, and I do notice my teeth hurt if I miss a brushing. Maybe something like that could help you through the process?

tdmsu

DJE: I'm glad to hear your wheel is looking great, but also sorry to hear of the decal issues. I wonder how much it would cost to hire a college art student to paint the emblem and sneek it into the kiln at school?  Just a thought, and prolly way off, since I have no idea what kind of paint or process is needed.
I think I might just pony up and buy a new one for my SHO, since I haven't heard of any new emblems having the same problems.

geswek

Quote from: tdmsu on July 22, 2013, 08:39:02 PM
Geswek - sorry to hear your teeth hurt, but its encouraging that you like the whitening.
My teeth have hurt ever since 7th grade when I got braces. That experience has made me an anti-dentite for sure!  That first orthodontist really was a sadist - he would ask if my teeth hurt after the monthly tightening, and when I would say yes (he saw me white knuckling the chair)... He would always say "good."   I now use toothpaste with a sensitivity ingredient- it helps, and I do notice my teeth hurt if I miss a brushing. Maybe something like that could help you through the process?

OOH; I don't think they hurt THAT bad--but its enough to feel it.

Though it's worth it in the end my friend. To have pearly whites staring at me in mirror makes me happy.

DJE624

My dome maker guy and I are thinking of maybe popping the emblem off and making a dome that will work now.  I'll have to take a look at that.

PopolZ

got home and the propane tank on the bbq is gone... if my roommate didn't remove it well. WHO THE F**K STEALS A GAWD DAMN PROPANE TANK!?!?!??!
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, non-PP, Steel Blue #243 of 301 - Custom tune by Torrie@Unleashed, PPE non-catted downpipes, custom 3rd cat & resonator delete, water/meth injection, HKS SSQV3 BOV and Carbotech AX6 brake pads.

1991 Nissan Skyline GTR, Pearl Black Metallic - a few goodies

geswek

Quote from: PopolZ on July 23, 2013, 07:30:48 AM
got home and the propane tank on the bbq is gone... if my roommate didn't remove it well. WHO THE F**K STEALS A GAWD DAMN PROPANE TANK!?!?!??!

That made me laugh out loud.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

PopolZ

Just ordered a security camera.
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, non-PP, Steel Blue #243 of 301 - Custom tune by Torrie@Unleashed, PPE non-catted downpipes, custom 3rd cat & resonator delete, water/meth injection, HKS SSQV3 BOV and Carbotech AX6 brake pads.

mjhpadi

Quote from: PopolZ on July 23, 2013, 07:30:48 AM
The same kind that took my front spoiler, lower front body molding, and the plastic under piece right in front of the spoiler!
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

geswek

WOW.

I bought my car 05/07/13 and I have 4k miles on it already.

I DRIVE A lot.

I may need a second car LOL.

PopolZ

filled up my car last night... I wont be able to walk straight for a week. 107.06$ to fill it up with 94octane.

adelsin

Quote from: geswek on July 23, 2013, 03:23:32 PM
WOW.

I DRIVE A lot.

Bought my car in december and now have 14-15k miles.
2013 Green Gem SHO PP, all available options.

geswek

Quote from: adelsin on July 24, 2013, 11:28:46 AM
WOW.

I DRIVE A lot.

NICE.

I'm about to make a trip to Austin; like 4k round trip. I'm excited--going to take the black beast to the fams and show off some real power. BHaha

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

adelsin

Quote from: geswek on July 24, 2013, 11:30:00 AM
Quote from: adelsin on July 24, 2013, 11:28:46 AM
WOW.

I DRIVE A lot.

NICE.

I'm about to make a trip to Austin; like 4k round trip. I'm excited--going to take the black beast to the fams and show off some real power. BHaha

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Be prepared for a power loss when you hit that 90 - 91 octane. Texas has weird octane.
2013 Green Gem SHO PP, all available options.