• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IHeartGroceries

Quote from: panther427 on September 11, 2014, 11:56:51 AM
Sounds like you should have just lived with it..   hopefully the rest of the House was built as strong as your floors

Omg I know it. I just wanted to replace the carpet! Yeah, I agree with the wife, the tile is horrific. But, totally livable. She refused and said if we do carpeted areas, we do it all. And so, FML.

Quote from: SHOnUup on September 11, 2014, 12:01:41 PM
If they used mastic instead of mortar it is a complete PIA...I've actually convinced customers to use a self leveling mortar instead of demoing that crap. Little pricy, but awesome to lay tile afterwards on completely level surface.

Really, I guess I am ignorant to the difference. Whatever it is, there are areas (most of it) where it's impossible to even differentiate between slab and thinset, which is why I etched into the slab numerous times. It's just unreal. If there were an F5 tornado, nothing would be left, except for the slab.....with ugly ass tile on it. Lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

ZSHO

Hit a little over 15k on BAD BETSY so thought will do a little preventative maintenance on her,removed both map sensors and air charge sensor,IAT and cleaned them up with some air mass cleaner,great and safe for electrical components and leaves no residue,car feels smoother with a little more PEP.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Your SHO's gonna have that Colgate smile, ZSHO :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

IHeartGroceries

^Probably a pretty good idea, with all of the oils a junk making their way into the intake tract upstream of the sensors, from emissions control systems, and over oiled air filters. XD

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on September 11, 2014, 08:15:50 PM
Your SHO's gonna have that Colgate smile, ZSHO :)
With taxes and financing&interest,fees,extended warranty=50k,thats why my wife hates me,i spend more time with my car then her,lol ,so why not making her smile,which one? lol

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

A while back the map sensors CX-221&CX228,2bar&3bar were relatively evenly priced,as of late the 2-bar is a fraction of the cost of a 3-bar?

SwampRat

Quote from: ZSHO on September 14, 2014, 07:08:39 AM
leecox go to the introduction page and serup profile and some pics of the ride and WELCOME ABOARD THE ECOPOWER FORUM.

Am I missing something ?

I thought this was Ecoboost Performance Forum ...
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

SHOdded

Quote from: SwampRat on September 14, 2014, 01:22:20 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on September 14, 2014, 07:08:39 AM
leecox go to the introduction page and serup profile and some pics of the ride and WELCOME ABOARD THE ECOPOWER FORUM.
Am I missing something ?

I thought this was Ecoboost Performance Forum ...
Simply ZSHO's creative way of referencing the forum :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

In my area there very few SHO's but what caught my attention lately are the large amounts of X-SPORT in my area,maybe cause its twards the end of the year with good incentives,last year at the same dealer where i purchased my SHO the X-SPORT was going for close to 50k.

wasinger3000

I'm proud to say I own the only 13 sho within a 100 mile radius of my town. But there are quite a few x-sports around.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

wasinger3000

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

wasinger3000

Even the bmw guys bash gm. Hah.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=489056
GM Recall/Stop-Sale thread of the day

SHOnUup

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

PokerMunkee

Those VW engines run so hot! I had a 02 Passat 1.8T that sludged up at 30K miles.  I was the second owner, came off lease, so never had synthetic.  Dealer replaced oil pump and other stuff under warranty.  Then I chipped it and it still had major turbo lag.  Traded it in for a new '06 GTO :D
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

wasinger3000

Quote from: PokerMunkee on October 08, 2014, 12:39:14 PM
Those VW engines run so hot! I had a 02 Passat 1.8T that sludged up at 30K miles.  I was the second owner, came off lease, so never had synthetic.  Dealer replaced oil pump and other stuff under warranty.  Then I chipped it and it still had major turbo lag.  Traded it in for a new '06 GTO :D
That's a perfect storm for engine failure. Dyno oil on a cherry red turbo... I bet that oil lasts all of 1k miles. Do they all run that hot? I was considering an audi down the road but I don't want that kinda s*** going on.