• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Needmoreboost

Good to catch up with you Ecoboobie's once again.  Woops...is that a bad word around here now.  LOL.  I felta thigh was...on another Dave/LMS forum.  Cheers.
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

wasinger3000

It's about to get a little bit toasty in another thread lol.... shots fired!
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

SHOnUup

Quote from: wasinger3000 on September 11, 2014, 09:41:23 AM
It's about to get a little bit toasty in another thread lol.... shots fired!
Lol...great thing about the passion from both sides is the obvious satisfaction with both tuners...competition is what keeps the platform moving forward
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

wasinger3000

Don't even get me started on that list.. lol.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

ZSHO

Noticed since having a tune my plugs need to be replaced more often,this is my third time changing the plugs,the first set were pregapped at 0.31-0.32 and installed them,the set that i changed now had the same gap so gapped them at 0.30 exactly and noticed the car to run much smoother at 0.30 than 0.31-0.32,MC SP-534,the picture are plugs changed at only 3k on them and that was after a lengthy car trip,there is no oil residue on them thats the antiseize.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

You changed them already?  What was the gap on the previous set at?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on September 11, 2014, 10:10:56 AM
You changed them already?  What was the gap on the previous set at?
The SP-534 came pregapped at 0.31-o.32 and installed them,now i gapped them at 0.30 exactly and feels alot smoothe,and thats why i changed them cause wanted them exactly 0.30.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

IHeartGroceries

I just want to state for the record...

Demolishing ceramic tile thinset from concrete substrate is the absolute worst s*** imaginable in a lived-in domicile.

Never again.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

SHOdded

Sure looks like it on all the home improvement shows!  Move into a new home?

SHOnUup

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on September 11, 2014, 11:12:35 AM

Demolishing ceramic tile thinset from concrete substrate is the absolute worst s*** imaginable in a lived-in domicile.

Never again.

You use hammer drill with wide chisel bit?

IHeartGroceries

Quote from: SHOdded on September 11, 2014, 11:21:13 AM
Sure looks like it on all the home improvement shows!  Move into a new home?

Actually, no. Bought this house new in 2012. Somebody else had it built with some customizations, including the horrendous tile throughout most of the home. They backed out on their contract and we swooped in and bought it, becasue it was new and move-in ready. Been there since. Never liked the tile. Can't believe anybody would pay a premium to have this garbage installed.

Quote from: SHOnUup on September 11, 2014, 11:25:10 AM

Custom tile, love it!!!

Looks fantastic! I love tile. It's my favorite flooring, when it's good tile and done correctly.

Quote from: SHOnUup on September 11, 2014, 11:31:11 AM
Quote from: IHeartGroceries on September 11, 2014, 11:12:35 AM

Never again.

You use hammer drill with wide chisel bit?

I did, actually. I am using a Hilti demolition hammer drill, with a chisel bit.
This is my first time demoing tile from a concrete subfloor, so I don't have anything to compare it to. But, whoever laid this tile did a hell of a job. The mastic is literally like apart of the slab. It's unreal.
So far, chisel it all off, grind off the remaining high spots, then go back and fill in the low spots with compound filler, then go back again and take those high spots back down with the grinder...Then the subfloor is ready.
I still have like 600 Sq ft. to demo. I'm really hoping the thinset is not set as well in the remaining areas. Sheesh.

2013 SHO PP

panther427

Sounds like you should have just lived with it..   hopefully the rest of the House was built as strong as your floors
2013 SHO

SHOnUup

If they used mastic instead of mortar it is a complete PIA...I've actually convinced customers to use a self leveling mortar instead of demoing that crap. Little pricy, but awesome to lay tile afterwards on completely level surface.