• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Its all the way at the bottom,held in by a rubber grommet,will be a good idea just to have one of those rubber grommets laying around just in case of a leak?Little pita to remove though,you have to remove the rim and tire and remove part of the wheel well for access for the pump.grommett and the level sensor.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

wasinger3000

Yeah I keep a tube of 1 min gasket on the car for the just in case times on the road. Stuff works wonders.

I'm just glad the car has a sensor so If i ever do get low on meth on a long road tip I'll know to pull over and fill up.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

wasinger3000

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

ZSHO

Not to many SHO in my area,driving my kids to school saw a Black SHO but it turned out to be a limited with the 20in flower wheels,just the front grill was a dead giveaway,looked identical.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

FoMoCoSHO

The xcal x4 hardware is a huge disappointment. I look at all the tech thats packed in my nexus 7.....then I look at the x4 with its ridiculous shape, lack of mounting bracket, and a screen reminiscent of a kids electronic toy.....so much fail in one tiny package.

ford4thot

BiGMaC

IMHO....Seems that you just need a (your tablet/laptop connector) to OBDII cable or a wireless dongle.  Beyond that it is simply on the tuner to allow you to load the app and tune on some device other than SCT or MyCal tuner. Then we'd find out how much a tune is really worth.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Embedding the tuning software in hardware standardizes the operating environment, raises reliability & provides better protection for proprietary elements from hackers than portable software ever could.  Really no different from what Apple has been doing (albeit significantly better) for decades.  That said, I am looking at Windows tablets for running software such as SCT Livewire and ForScan.  Hate having to lug around a laptop for these things, as I do extended logging frequently.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Quote from: SHOdded on September 05, 2014, 04:23:03 AM
Embedding the tuning software in hardware standardizes the operating environment, raises reliability & provides better protection for proprietary elements from hackers than portable software ever could.  Really no different from what Apple has been doing (albeit significantly better) for decades.  That said, I am looking at Windows tablets for running software such as SCT Livewire and ForScan.  Hate having to lug around a laptop for these things, as I do extended logging frequently.
Wasn't the original machine for the masses that functions like current tuners called Nintendo or was it Atari?  LOL, let's find a way to take a big step forward....

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

IHeartGroceries

This little rascal leaves quote a bit to be desired. Even the v2 was pretty decent. The v3 AP is just sweet.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

SHOdded

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on September 05, 2014, 01:14:54 PM
This little rascal leaves quote a bit to be desired. Even the v2 was pretty decent. The v3 AP is just sweet.
Do tell!  Application, self-tuned, diagnostics etc ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Unless Cobb comes to our platform, windows tab plus livewire makes a lot of sense.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on September 05, 2014, 01:14:54 PM

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Just from an aesthetics perspective, that is Much better.

FoMoCoSHO

I'd gladly pay what I'm paying now for the software license only, especially if it would allow for one device that actually doesn't look like s*** in my $50,000 car.

I get tired of swapping out devices every time I get a tune tweak or want to run a data log.

The x4 is extremely limited for data logging so this just adds to my frustration as I would need to use it in pass thru mode in conjunction with a laptop to get all the needed parameters.

Ultimately what this market needs is competition, then SCT wouldn't be able to peddle this crap off on us.

SHOdded

I have no reason to believe a Windows tablet wouldn't be able to replace a laptop for what we need.  ForScan uses Bluetooth, have to check if Livewire does as well.

I am in agreement with your thinking, FoMoCo, but short of having portable software, I too would like hardware that is in step with the times.