• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Here's what the Wallace Racing Calculator predicts.... Awaiting real life results from Mike.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Quote from: BiGMaC on August 09, 2014, 07:16:56 PM
Here's what the Wallace Racing Calculator predicts.... Awaiting real life results from Mike.
Yikes!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Quote from: SHOdded on August 09, 2014, 08:12:41 PM
Quote from: BiGMaC on August 09, 2014, 07:16:56 PM
Yikes!

As Mike pointed out to me... if the calcu;lsator is for CHP, then add 20% and gett these numbers for the quarter:
computed from your vehicle weight of 4250 pounds and HP of 740 is 10.43 seconds and MPH of 129.56 MPH.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

PokerMunkee

So, his original motor blew up?  That's two motors with upgraded turbos/meth tuned by LMS that have gone recently (A6).  Ouch.  Do we have details on what went wrong with both? 

Damn, that girl is smokn' lol
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

SHOnUup

Guess that warning of 450 hp was pretty accurate!
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

glock-coma

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

BiGMaC

Quote from: PokerMunkee on August 10, 2014, 09:20:08 AM
So, his original motor blew up?  That's two motors with upgraded turbos/meth tuned by LMS that have gone recently (A6).  Ouch.  Do we have details on what went wrong with both? 

What blown engine?...Not bpd's ....I must have missed something, could you clarify? ...TIA

PokerMunkee

Quote from: BiGMaC on August 10, 2014, 10:36:15 AM

?...I missed something, could you clarify? ...TIA

SHodded posted the teaser video a few posts above.  Jeff, Mike's photographer, says the other motor blew in the beginning of the video.  The video has in the last hour been removed from Youtube..
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

HKMediaChicago

Quote from: PokerMunkee on August 10, 2014, 10:45:24 AM
Quote from: BiGMaC on August 10, 2014, 10:36:15 AM

?...I missed something, could you clarify? ...TIA

SHodded posted the teaser video a few posts above.  Jeff, Mike's photographer, says the other motor blew in the beginning of the video.  The video has in the last hour been removed from Youtube..

Hi yes - I did indeed remove it earlier since I notice grammatical errors late last night/early morning when I was still putting them together via VideoPad Editor. However given I have been up for nearly 20 hours straight, I was exhausted and opted to fix the issues in the morning, which is why this morning I took it down and had to re-edit the primary file.

The video hasn't changed, just fixed the spelling mistakes and the lighting issue (seemed a bit dark at least on my computer)..

Here is the link:

http://youtu.be/3kdm-Lj6UwE
www.hkmediachicago.com
www.linkedin.com/in/jefferyliu
www.youtube.com/TofuProductionCinema

BiGMaC

Watched the vid... don't see the blown engine... Maybe bpd will chime in.... I thought he drove the car to LMS like steve says.  Jeff says the engine in Mike's car was never blown.

Jeff's post on this is here: http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,2162.msg53280.html#msg53280

The rumor mill should stop turning.

SHOdded

Quote from: BBOX on August 10, 2014, 11:28:16 AM
This is exactly why I abandoned any ideas of picking up A6's turbos, because I'm not interested in building a motor. Meth will be the final frontier for me.
Well, you might go with TWO tanks of methanol as it seems in bpd's current setup :D

ShoBoat

Strange, I go weeks without ever seeing another SHO in these parts. On the way to the track on Friday I see 3? One was an exact copy if mine lol. Although it was stock. I forgot how high they ride in the stock springs.
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

ShoBoat

2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

PokerMunkee

Blown comments were removed in edited video at the 1:20 mark.  Oh well.  No rumors, me and others heard it. 
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4