• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Another day in paradise...
This morning at 6 AM, sunrise on the wife's F250 (click to enlarge)

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

TSS

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 14, 2014, 10:35:44 PM
Quote from: TSS on March 14, 2014, 09:55:37 PM
Took the day off today and went skiing with my son. He didn't have school because it was some type of in service day for teachers.   Great day.   

Any pics of you guys ripping and tearing on the mountain?

No, did not take any.  I also decided to try a ski jump for the first time.  Turns out, not a great thing to try for the first time at age 45. It was ugly.  I lost a ski, a pole, and my hat.  No pain at the time - and I continued to ski for another couple of hours and had a great time.  The next day though, it felt like I had been in a minor to moderate automobile accident.  Almost back to normal today.  WISH I had a video - it was epic.
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

BiGMaC

Quote from: TSS on March 17, 2014, 10:01:11 AM
Quote from: BiGMaC on March 14, 2014, 10:35:44 PM
Quote from: TSS on March 14, 2014, 09:55:37 PM
Took the day off today and went skiing with my son. He didn't have school because it was some type of in service day for teachers.   Great day.   

Any pics of you guys ripping and tearing on the mountain?

No, did not take any.  I also decided to try a ski jump for the first time.  Turns out, not a great thing to try for the first time at age 45. It was ugly.  I lost a ski, a pole, and my hat.  No pain at the time - and I continued to ski for another couple of hours and had a great time.  The next day though, it felt like I had been in a minor to moderate automobile accident.  Almost back to normal today.  WISH I had a video - it was epic.

LOL.... I tried it first at age 58 snowboarding.... You'd think I'd have more sense!  :boom: fortunately on the bunny slope practice area at Sunrise... sounds like a similar outcome!  :P

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

SHOdded

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 17, 2014, 09:32:10 AM
Another day in paradise...
This morning at 6 AM, sunrise on the wife's F250 (click to enlarge)
Nice!  Hope to see a sunrise at some point this year around here :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

mval

Tom:
Go ahead & rub it in. Was 20 this morning in STL. But will fondly think of you in July or August & those beautiful sunrises when you can cook your breakfast on the sidewalks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by the way TSS had same experience as Tom on skiing, in fact missed up my knee some right at the place Dave now works at & haven't done it since.
mikev
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

BiGMaC

Quote from: mval on March 17, 2014, 12:16:03 PM
Tom:
Go ahead & rub it in. Was 20 this morning in STL. But will fondly think of you in July or August & those beautiful sunrises when you can cook your breakfast on the sidewalks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mikev
LOL... Too true!... But at least it saves on my natural gas bill and keeps the kitchen clean :P

futat2

[/quote]

LOL.... I tried it first at age 58 snowboarding.... You'd think I'd have more sense!  :boom: fortunately on the bunny slope practice area at Sunrise... sounds like a similar outcome!  :P
[/quote]

Thats funny, the first and last time I tried to snowboard was at the Sunrise bunny slopes. Then a buddy talked me into trying the black slope. Long story short, I flipped down the mountain. Only broke my new board and no bones. Guess I was more flexible 23 years ago. Decided that day to stick with my skate boards in Phoenix.
2013 SHO PP, Sparkly Black
bone stock (for now)
Got the windows tinted, 15% all around

BiGMaC

Yesterday on the way home from work I saw a GT40... red with white striping... pristine!  Spent my time maneuvering around him for a good look and listening to that power plant... couldn't get a pic (darn) and had enough sense not to challenge him.  Really sweet REAL Ford GT!

SHOdded

That is one COOL sighting, Tom!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SwampRat

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 19, 2014, 06:02:50 PM
Yesterday on the way home from work I saw a GT40... red with white striping... pristine!  Spent my time maneuvering around him for a good look and listening to that power plant... couldn't get a pic (darn) and had enough sense not to challenge him.  Really sweet REAL Ford GT!
Sweet ride for sure , But I really like the 2005/06  Ford  GT.

http://www.edmunds.com/ford/gt/2005/
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

DJE624

Quote from: SwampRat on March 19, 2014, 06:46:05 PM
Quote from: BiGMaC on March 19, 2014, 06:02:50 PM
Sweet ride for sure , But I really like the 2005/06  Ford  GT.

http://www.edmunds.com/ford/gt/2005/

That's the one I want!

SHOdded

BiGMaC

Agree with the more power versions.  The car had a long history after Ford decided it wanted to beat Ferrari at it's own game.

Heres's a '69. pretty much the same body styling throughout.  The one I saw literally had this much rear rubber.
http://gt40.net/1969-ford-gt40-red-motortrend-wot/  click the pics that come up

SwampRat

Quote from: SHOdded on March 19, 2014, 07:01:19 PM
Love the styling.
Ford needs to bring it back  , we need a Vette / Viper Killer .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

BiGMaC

Quote from: SwampRat on March 19, 2014, 07:25:29 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on March 19, 2014, 07:01:19 PM
Love the styling.
Ford needs to bring it back  , we need a Vette / Viper Killer .

Why Not let it be the Gen 7 SHO?