• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

I think we should take up a collection and hire a software engineer to construct a virus we could load on our ECUs that would prevent the Ford ODB2 reader from seeing or at least from reporting tunes and the record of flashes associated with them including the ghosts....... Gotta dream big!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

DJE624

I wonder if anybody is looking for a used Typhoon.  Maybe I'll list it later and find out.

SHO n GO

<---this guy is interested in the typhoon intake. Pm sent. Im really looking for a wrinkle black injen cai for the explorer sport. I dig the lookof that on my SHO. But hey beggers cant be choosers.
2013 non PP
Livernois 93 tune, 3bar, t-stat, K&n drop in filter, tsw nurburings
Best pass to date with sho- 12.54 @ 113

DJE624

Quote from: SHO n GO on March 06, 2014, 09:30:14 AM
<---this guy is interested in the typhoon intake. Pm sent. Im really looking for a wrinkle black injen cai for the explorer sport. I dig the lookof that on my SHO. But hey beggers cant be choosers.

PM returned.

DJE624

Quote from: DJE624 on March 06, 2014, 04:00:26 AM
I wonder if anybody is looking for a used Typhoon.  Maybe I'll list it later and find out.

Not wondering anymore. Thanks SHO n GO!

SHO n GO

No thank you! Talk about a quick sell haha didnt even have to post in the classifieds.
2013 non PP
Livernois 93 tune, 3bar, t-stat, K&n drop in filter, tsw nurburings
Best pass to date with sho- 12.54 @ 113

panther427

2013 SHO

SHOdded

Quote from: panther427 on March 07, 2014, 01:31:16 PM
Found this today
Please state your intentions with this newfound fuel :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

How your employer uses daylight savings time to get af free hour of work... left click to enlarge.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

panther427

Quote from: SHOdded on March 07, 2014, 02:36:00 PM
Quote from: panther427 on March 07, 2014, 01:31:16 PM
Found this today
Please state your intentions with this newfound fuel :)

I believe a new tune is mandatory... time to email torrie 😃
2013 SHO

FO SHO

Yep.. injector failed and blew out the plugs. Under warranty yay. Hopefully this wull end the stupid idle miss and rough start up. Time to change the thermostat and retune.
AZ ALL MOTORS

BiGMaC

Quote from: FO SHO on March 07, 2014, 07:49:32 PM
Yep.. injector failed and blew out the plugs. Under warranty yay. Hopefully this wull end the stupid idle miss and rough start up. Time to change the thermostat and retune.

Bummer... but at least you found it! and the repair is free!

SHOdded

Got to keep tabs on this injector failure phenomenon, relatively new, and hopefully rare.  Any idea why it failed?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!