• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adelsin

how often to switch plugs on this car?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

2013 Green Gem SHO PP, all available options.

curry67

Quote from: adelsin on February 06, 2014, 09:55:29 PM
how often to switch plugs on this car?

im pretty sure ford official thing was 60 miles or something. Im hoping these new ones last longer then 60000 km's

adelsin

60 miles?

2013 Green Gem SHO PP, all available options.

SHOdded

Seems they have overlooked the spark plug replacement interval in their online guides, or they are revising it.  Can't find the pertinent PDFs, Ford seems to be revising all their websites/content.  But in the PDF owners manual, the 2013+ plug change is recommended at 100K miles under "normal" conditions, 60K under "special operating" conditions.  For the 2010-12, it is 90K/60K.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DJE624

Quote from: curry67 on February 06, 2014, 09:45:57 PM
im super pleased with how my car is running after switching the plugs something tells me i had those stock 2010 ones still. i had some misfire problems and short instances of lose of power. now it feels alot smoother and steady power threw the rpm range. :D makes me wanna do more to tune up the car.

Glad to hear the news Curry!

BiGMaC

Had a great drive from Phx to Tucson.  The SHO really performed well and traffic was light so I put my foot in it several times. The first day of the show was interesting... My wife is spending about $100/hr... I may run out of fuel for this soon!

I did get shouldered by AZ DPS for my blacked out tails... But he let me go without any paper 'cuz he said no problems seeing brake and turn signal lights when I pulled over... That he just couldn't see them when they were off (btw just as I wanted)!  Helped make it a pleasant conversation about the SHO... He was interested and actually asked me to floor it when I left!  Of course I was happy to oblige!  LOL

Off to Vivache' for dinner now.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

DJE624

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Today I ensured my wife would be unable to complain about my SHO mods for a while.... Shopped the stones... Got a mount done ... And got the stone mounting done.  Modding is secure!  :kissing: and valentines day is taken care of.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

DJE624

SHOdded

shoman04

Quote from: BiGMaC on February 09, 2014, 11:36:04 PM
Today I ensured my wife would be unable to complain about my SHO mods for a while.... Shopped the stones... Got a mount done ... And got the stone mounting done.  Modding is secure!  :kissing: and valentines day is taken care of.

WAY TO GO!!!!!! BigMaC! Great Minds think alike. last year when I upgrading to (d-pipe,x-pipe,2.5"-pipes,and METH) MODs on "THE OTHER WOMAN" (the SHO)!!!!!LOL  I did the same thing for the WIFE!!!!!!!
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

SHOdded

Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours!  May the cockles of your hearts be warm and cozy.

DJE624

I got my girl down pipes.  I hope she likes them!

BiGMaC

Quote from: DJE624 on February 14, 2014, 02:11:07 AM
I got my girl down pipes.  I hope she likes them!
Enjoy your Date! LOL

.... Happy Valentines Day to everyone