• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Congrats on a great first day, Dave.  First of many to come.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

REDSHOCGO

No I am not but most likely its sitting on my front porch as it is to heavy for my wife to pull in......
2010 Red Candy Sho 402a option non/pp w/unleashed tune,3 bar map, k & N CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, tints 35% front 20% back vta conversion,plastidipped front grill (matteblack), Curva Concept C7 wheels w/20" toyo proxes +4 and Sony Xperia z running torque pro
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited tinted
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP cpe w/crab intake,Led sequential taillights, custom exhaust(now gone)

REDSHOCGO

Congrats on the job! Ive seen people out of work for years
2010 Red Candy Sho 402a option non/pp w/unleashed tune,3 bar map, k & N CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, tints 35% front 20% back vta conversion,plastidipped front grill (matteblack), Curva Concept C7 wheels w/20" toyo proxes +4 and Sony Xperia z running torque pro
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited tinted
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP cpe w/crab intake,Led sequential taillights, custom exhaust(now gone)

BiGMaC

I discuss this with bpd before posting.... legal advice ya' know... and I showed it to DJE, sorry to be redundant Dave!

One South Phoenix lady's bad experience with her SHO:

While she was "flying" down the road yesterday (only10 miles over the limit, a Phx tradition), a woman passed over a bridge only to find a PPD traffic officer with a radar gun on the other side lying in wait.

He pulled her over, walked up to the car, and with that classic patronizing smirk we all know and love, asked, "What's your hurry?"

To which she replied, "I'm late for work."

"Oh yeah," he said, "what do you do?"

"I'm a rectum stretcher," she responded.

The guy stammered, "A what? A rectum stretcher? And just what does a rectum stretcher do?"

Well," she said, "I start by inserting one finger, then I work my way up to two fingers, then three, then four, then with my whole hand in. I work from side to side until I can get both hands in, and then I slowly but surely stretch, until it's about 6 feet wide."

"And just what the hell do you do with a 6 foot ***hole?" he
asked.

"You give him a radar gun and park him behind a bridge..."

Traffic Ticket $95.00
Court Costs. $45.00
The Look on Officer's Face............ PRICELESS

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

DJE624

I don't think BPD is 6'. :clown:

FO SHO

The issues just keep compiling. The car acts like it doesn't want to turn over sometime. All the electrical turns on but the motor is still trying to crank over and eventually it does. WTH. lol New battery as of September last year. 43k miles. Haven't changed plugs yet nor the thermostat but those are on the way per Torrie from Unleashed. I hope its not the alternator. If it is i hope its under warranty. =( This sucks.
AZ ALL MOTORS

SHOdded

What battery did you get?  Could be defective, get it replaced under warranty if there are any signs of leakage or corrosion.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FO SHO

No signs on leakage. Its the auto zone duralast gold battery.
AZ ALL MOTORS

SHOdded

Time to break out a digital multimeter and check voltage on the battery a) while car is off and b) while car is running.  Should be at least 12.5V/13.8V respectively.

Also, check the terminals to make sure they are tightly clamped onto the posts.  I had one come loose on me one time on another car, turned out the terminal needed to be replaced (my local Merchant's did that for me).  No issues since then.

DJE624

My legs and back are killing me!  Two more days then, a rest. 

SHOdded

Adjusting to the new job, Dave?  Third shift's gotta mess with your sleep timing.

DJE624

I'm on first til after tommorow.  I start third
Thursday.  I'm just getting used to being on my grey all day.

DJE624

Bummed out about my emblem that showed up today all scratched and with a dent.  Now it will take at least another week to get a replacement.  On the other hand the SP534's showed up too! 

Shifrty1

Seriously contemplating pulling the trigger and trading the SHO in on a 2011 shelby gt500 convertible.  it has 17k on the odo.  only 3k more than the SHO.  They are asking 33k.  going to offer mine plus 1k out the door...
Sorry Officer, thought that sign was merely a suggestion for old folks...  My bad...

2013 SHO  Livernois Tune, AIRRAID CAI traded but always in my heart
2008 Shelby GT500

black99lightning

Quote from: Shifrty1 on January 28, 2014, 02:11:20 AM
Seriously contemplating pulling the trigger and trading the SHO in on a 2011 shelby gt500 convertible.  it has 17k on the odo.  only 3k more than the SHO.  They are asking 33k.  going to offer mine plus 1k out the door...

Where is that?  They're giving the Shelby away, easily a $40K+ car.  Color?
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7