• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJE624

Thinking of a couple things like adding the SHO fender "vents", pulling the SHO emblems off the C pillars and trunk lid.  Then maybe using just the SHO letters on the trunk lid.  I've been thinking about it for a while but fighting the idea.

BiGMaC

It's like a tune... Just do it.  :devil:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

DJE624

LOL  The hardest part for me would be separating the letters from the Ecoboost.  I'll probably go ahead and order the "vents".  I can get them for $75 plus ship.  I hope if there is any shadow on the C pillar some wax will clean that up. 

SHOdded

Quote from: BiGMaC on November 28, 2013, 12:09:44 AM
It's like a tune... Just do it.  :devil:

x2!  Take the leap, it's not like you don't have a bungee cord for safety :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

I'm glad the Christmas shopping is almost done........  :scooter: I had to park about 37 miles from the stores! Black "all Weekend!" :eyecrazy:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

DJE624

I always park way out.  Been lucky for six months so far.

BiGMaC

Truth is.. so do I.. I HATE PLDs, but usually I can at least see the mall from where I park. ::)

DJE624

I find it interesting to see other nice cars parked way out.  You know how they feel about them.

BTW, SHO Fender "Vents" ordered!

BiGMaC

Second Law of Parking is ... "Whenever possible get a place against an esplanade and park as close as you can without rubbing your tires or wheels."  LOL

SHOdded

So, who all went out to take advantage of the "Black All Weekend" (tx, BiGMaC)?  What was your greatest score?  Opportunities as good as in previous years?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

2Canches

SHOdded

Then they have to deal with the checkout lines!

BiGMaC

Got tickets for the "Duel In The Desert" tonight.  :yell:  The annual U of A vs ASU regional rivalry...  :Boxing_gloves:  Rankings and record don't seem to have much to do with the outcome.  Should be good!

Going with my kids... problem is that they are a mix of alum from both.   :crapfan:

DJE624

Very disappointed in voter turn out for our Ride of the Month competitions.  I just can't understand why any member would NOT vote.  Or, enter for that matter. Thanks to all that entered or voted this year!  We appreciate your enthusiasm!

bigmoneycloser

Quote from: DJE624 on December 01, 2013, 11:11:08 AM
Very disappointed in voter turn out for our Ride of the Month competitions.  I just can't understand why any member would NOT vote.  Or, enter for that matter. Thanks to all that entered or voted this year!  We appreciate your enthusiasm!

Just my experience or 2cents...
I'm on a very large custom motorcycle forum. They do ride of the month with pretty great turn out.
Here are some suggestions from that site.
First, each month for ROTM, you can change it up a little by making categories for that months ride. For example, only black color vehicles, only non PP SHO's, stock fords, or most extreme mods, or 500+HP vehicles only.. You get the picture.  This might get more people involved by making it more specific...

Second, get some of our vendors to donate a small item for the winner. This will also encourage more people to get involved as, everyone wants something for free. The vendor benefits by being the ROTM sponsor on the home page for the month. Examples, badges, air filter, thermostat, or something small less than $100 value...(until site can leverage bigger prizing)

Third, create an annual EcoBoost forum ROTM Calendar. Each months winner gets a full page photo for their winning month and the other entrants get smaller quarter size images at bottom under actual month.
-each monthly winner will get their calendar for Free at the end of the year and everyone else can buy one for $15.00 each.... Again, you can allow the monthly Vendor sponsor their logo on each month they were the sponsor..

The benefits of all this will be big... More people will participate and more people will refer people.
The site will grow faster and vendors will see nice promo benefits from both calendars and ROTM mentions.
As site grows it will only get better. On my other forum, the prizing is sometimes over $1000 value...

The $15 calendars will also help raise money to promote the forum and build membership..

Timing is also perfect to start fresh with 2014...
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes