• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoBrick Bob

Last night I found out Charlie aka GRRRR8, aka Charles Van Wormer, who founded the GRRRR8 Net Forum, the largest G8 forum, passed away late yesterday of cancer. 

Charlie starter his forum after getting banned from the G8 Board Forum ( actually banned for life 3 times!!!) much like 4DR Mike found reasons to start EBPF.  Charlie was in his late 40's and his father who had died of a heart attack a couple years ago, was my age. He leaves behind his wife  Wendy and a teenage son in Houston, TX.

Charlie and I PM'd, e-mailed and phoned each other many times over the years, even before he started his forum.  He was an ASE Master Mechanic who taught me a great deal about engines in general and what I needed for my G8's in particular.

At least he has no more pain and is at peace.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

SHOdded

Too early to go!  Sad to hear about his passing, and may he R.I.P.  I am sure he had fun tearing up the highway to heaven :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Thanks for the info EcoB.... RIP!  SHOdded is right on both counts. I grew up down there, haven't seen him since I moved to AZ... knew him from Sugarland, TX

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

BiGMaC

Well.... Even with mild temps the ash trees are dropping their leaves now.... A month of finding time to rake them so they don't get a foot deep... :smiley5:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

DJE624

Just randomly thinking, it seems there are more 2013 SHOs here than there are 2010-2012s.

2Canches

also just random thinking. There are way more SHOs on this forum than any other EB vehicle

TSS

I ate three bagels for dinner tonight.  1 with cream cheese and tomatoes, one with butter, and one with honey butter.

Random enough?
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

DJE624

I'd say so.  Hope you can keep it down.

BiGMaC

mval

On Top Gear w/ Tanner Faust last night they were testing trucks, F150 w/eco, Tundra & Hemi Ram. On the main real test of torque pulling an airplane around an airfield , the F150 w/eco blew the others away. The other guys had been called it not the King Cab but Queen cab due it's V6. That shut them up in a hurry. Also did well on 0-60-0. Real fun too watch.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

FracaSHO

Quote from: mval on November 20, 2013, 11:27:36 AM
On Top Gear w/ Tanner Faust last night they were testing trucks, F150 w/eco, Tundra & Hemi Ram. On the main real test of torque pulling an airplane around an airfield , the F150 w/eco blew the others away. The other guys had been called it not the King Cab but Queen cab due it's V6. That shut them up in a hurry. Also did well on 0-60-0. Real fun too watch.

That was awesome. If they went with the 6.2L that would have blown the other trucks away as well. But the fact that they got whooped on by a V6 makes it that much sweeter. I really like Tanner Faust. Those other 2 schmucks are dumb as hell and annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

mval

Brad:
your right other 2 are goofs, only thing Tanner didn't like was even w/trac control off computer wouldn't let him slide it on the go kart track. I still believe our '10 SHO was get the bugs out for the '11 ECO F150, Ford's main moneymaker.
MikeV
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

BiGMaC

Helluva week.  TGIF!!!! It's raining cats and dogs (yes, in Phoenix) for the last 24 hours straight.  Yard has about 6" of water, road is flooded....  Can't go drive (like I'd want to), wife's at work, no football on TV... Fighting the urge to shop for mods online.

DJE624

My grandson got his first car when he turned one year old.  Of course it's a SHO! Here, we see him contemplating performance mods for his Ecoboost.

(Don't worry, it went right back into the box after these pics were shot!  I want him to save his first car for SHO(w), not playing!  LOL)