• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larrylu

Got my new Hankook Ventus S1 Noble 2 from the Tire Rack yesterday and had them mounted and balanced today. Tomorrow I get a new upgraded Motocraft battery, oil and filter at the dealership. All ready for winter. Feels real good
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

DJE624

Quote from: Larrylu on October 30, 2013, 04:34:51 PM
Got my new Hankook Ventus S1 Noble 2 from the Tire Rack yesterday and had them mounted and balanced today. Tomorrow I get a new upgraded Motocraft battery, oil and filter at the dealership. All ready for winter. Feels real good

Great Larry!  Happy motoring!

SoCalSHO

Quote from: geswek on October 24, 2013, 08:54:59 PMYES, my nips were standing up--don't make fun of me, OK, go ahead--lay it on me. LMAO

The only thing missing here is you in an olde tyme swimsuit.

[/quote]
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

SoCalSHO

And maybe some handlebar on that hipster facial hair.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

EcoBrick Bob

We are..... FINALLY...................... leaving Iowa and kids for FL!!!!!  In fact in about 20 minutes...   Zoom...Zoom...Zoom!!!!!
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

SHOdded

Read about this event on another forum, thought I'd pass it on:

http://www.performanceracing.com/tradeshow/
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DJE624

Thanks for making me see Storm's nipples again.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoBrick Bob

While we are now in Naples....

I am missing Storm and his fantastic imagination... or is it his bloviating!!!!!  Whatever it is... I miss you STORM!!!   

We know your Mazda is one of the 10 most missed vehicles sold here... I have 2 of the others... 2 G8'S!!!   I just wish our widowed friend would finally get her husband's car out of the drive... Realize she doesn't want to look at it at her home... but I don't want to look at it anymore either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can't get my G8 off jack stands or wash my Flex.  Backup camera looks like it's vision is 20-200 due to road debris and rain!!
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011

Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

geswek

Haha, the R3 is parked for winter--no work to really do to it.

I'm still around; about to leave Thursday for Texas with the SHO--going to be an awesome 1600 mile drive down; can't wait to have a little fun with the twin turbo.

;)

EcoBrick Bob

Enjoy your trip... and understand that when you get south... the fast lane is the RIGHT lane...  Beware of Buicks in the left lane!!!!

geswek

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on November 05, 2013, 11:06:17 PM
Enjoy your trip... and understand that when you get south... the fast lane is the RIGHT lane...  Beware of Buicks in the left lane!!!!

HAHAH; no kidding!

EcoBrick Bob

My 08 G8 battery was DOA when I took her off the jack stands yesterday.  Tried and tried to charge.  Finally gave up and bought a new battery from Autozone. Purchaed their top "Gold" same style battery but 160 CA bigger in same size case.  After turning in old battery and receiving on line 20% discount.  I paid $155. with FL tax.  This was about $20. more than the best Motorcraft 850 CA I purchased for our Flex last summer from a Ford dlr.

Removing the battery from the trunk location is a BIG DEAL... Four bolts plus removal of the drivers side trunk liner!.. Damn heaviest battery I have ever lifted! I guess 5 + years isn't bad, even though the G8 has less than 24K mi.  Then... my message center switched to  Metric!  That was also a big deal to switch back...  Metric tire pressures are a hoot!  Thankfully I had my GPS working so I knew how fast I was going... Old Dog has trouble instantly converting MPH to KPH!!!   

DJE624

Hoping the right parts for my headlight swap show up tomorrow.  I have the headlights.  Just need the new style bulbs or adapters to use them.  The parts are on their way overnight from Tasca.  They were supposed to go out Tuesday and didn't so they picked up the over night freight for me. Still kicking myself for wanting a lighter tint and pulling off the darker, along with the UV coating! 

SHODYOU

2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah