• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Glad you are ok, Z, one heck of a moment to have lived through.  This is what the benefit of years of experience + quick reflexes boils down to.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

802SHO

Well done Z!  That's one of those split seconds not paying attention that results in disaster.  Excellent defense!  Good thing no car in the other lane as well!
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on November 16, 2019, 12:37:33 PM
Glad you are ok, Z, one heck of a moment to have lived through.  This is what the benefit of years of experience + quick reflexes boils down to.
Thanks Manu! I must have more than nine lives. Based on the rear view mirror the woman looked quite disgruntled. I try to think Positive and move ahead especially under these type of circumstances. Z 

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

May the Gods always ride with you :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: 802SHO on November 16, 2019, 01:05:49 PM
Well done Z!  That's one of those split seconds not paying attention that results in disaster.  Excellent defense!  Good thing no car in the other lane as well!
These old reflexes still got it!   :D  Thanks buddy. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

6500rpm

Nice save Z, it's times like that that let you know you've still got it no matter what your age ( ;      Our VIN numbers are so close, I think my car probably felt it. I'm up to 75k miles without a hiccup, let's see how long we can keep things intact.
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

ZSHO

Quote from: 6500rpm on November 16, 2019, 05:44:04 PM
Nice save Z, it's times like that that let you know you've still got it no matter what your age ( ;      Our VIN numbers are so close, I think my car probably felt it. I'm up to 75k miles without a hiccup, let's see how long we can keep things intact.
That's so funny cause just hit 75K myself. The SHO is a keeper for sure and hopefully can pass it on to the next-generation. Thanks Brother. Z   :)

SHOdded

ZSHO

Its members and friends like you that make this Forum that much more welcoming to say the least... Thanks for the warm wishes. Z  :)

6500rpm

Well,  here's a mind blower.  I find myself sitting in the delivery room waiting room watching the last NASCAR race of the year.  My oldest daughter went into labor about 2hrs ago.  The only question is do I become a grandpa or does the race end first! 
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!

SM105K

Quote from: 6500rpm on November 17, 2019, 04:08:01 PM
Well,  here's a mind blower.  I find myself sitting in the delivery room waiting room watching the last NASCAR race of the year.  My oldest daughter went into labor about 2hrs ago.  The only question is do I become a grandpa or does the race end first!

Either way you win in my book honestly.  Congrats on the new arrival!

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

6500rpm

Almost 18 hrs later, I got to meet my 1st grandson. First life lesson ' s going to have to be something on the lines of being on time but everyone is well (less a lot of sleep). Thanks guys for giving me lots to read to help pass the time.

SHOdded

Congrats!!!  First grandchild?

ZSHO

Congrats indeed. Best wishes to the family. Z   :)

ZSHO

I had to take a quick Pic of this mobile pet service van! I think the name of the Co is "Kleen Nuts"! LMAO. Z  :rofl2: